Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

NYCHoosier May Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYCHoosier May Challenge

So I've never really been good about fitness. Growing up I stayed in shape by taking dance lessons and participating in musicals. Post-college, though, I haven't really done much of anything with regularity. I think timing was a big issue, and the other was finding something I enjoy.

Well, I think I've solved both! I purchased the Zumba DVDs and toning sticks, and instead of listening to DH hit the snooze a gagillion times the hour before I have to get up, I get up with his first alarm and work out for ~45 minutes before getting ready for work.

Hopefully this challenge will keep me motivated, too!
    Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

5/2 Sculpt & Tone - 45 Minutes
    5/3 Cardio & Abs - 40 Minutes

Running Total: 95 Minutes (1 hour, 35 minutes)
    Back in the Midwest with my PGY-2 ortho DH and putting my fashion degree to good use.

Comment

you go girl! I....am lazy, haha. The only thing I like is riding my bike and I don't like doing it in Gainesville. I think if FDH had a bike we'd do it more together. In Tampa I can ride with my puppy but the roads are too busy here. I think Zumba would be fun but I don't have money to join a gym and I don't have patience to wait in line to go on Campus. I do need to figure something out before I turn into a marshmallow though. Any suggestions anyone?

Comment

I jut ordered Zumba DVDs from Amazon. I think it was around $60, so not too bad. It's good for me because I really like dancing...particularly dancing wherein I shake my booty. In the tone & sculpt workout, the Reggaeton section is the second to last dance. By the time I start that section, I'm feeling pretty worn out, but I love the beat so much, that instead of giving up, I just get re-energized. Then the last is African Dance, and I'm told it's the "cardio portion of the workout"; as I'm huffing and puffing wondering what I'd been doing the prior 30-some minutes! haha, but it's still fun.

Anyway...

5/4 Sculpt & Tone - 45 minutes

Running Total: 140 minutes (2 hours 20 minutes)

Comment

So... yesterday was my scheduled off day (I have it set up for a 3 on, 1 off schedule), but today I missed as well. I'm in charge of planning my department's Cinco (or Seis) de Mayo party at work and had to make two dips this morning. I got up an hour and a half earlier than I would on a non-exercise day, expecting to at least get a 20 minute workout in, but it took the whole time to make the two dips. I didn't factor in the step-away-because-the-onion-is-making-me-cry time.

Anyway, I hope to be back in business tomorrow!

Comment

And... I'm back. Finally. Sort of.

I have a bit of a head cold, so I followed the "neck up" rule and still went forward. About 20 minutes in, though, I was noticing that breathing was harder, so I moved to the cool down and called if a morning.

5/9 Sculpt & Tone - 25 minutes

Running Total: 165 minutes (2 hours 45 minutes)

Comment

Okay, so I've totally been slacking! Between my cold and the fact that DH was at the other (cross-town) hospital this week and thus getting up an hour earlier, my master plan fell flat this May. However, I have done a little (picking up this weekend with the higher impact workouts)....

5/14 City walking - 120 minutes
              5/21 City walking - 120 minutes
              5/28 Sculpt & Tone - 45 minutes
              5/29 Abs for Dummies - 40 minutes

Running total: 490 minutes (8 hours 10 minutes)

Comment

5/30 Sculpt & Tone - 45 minutes

Since tomorrow's an off-day for me...

Final total: 535 minutes (8 hours 55 minutes)

Not the greatest, but better than nothing, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                X