Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Angie's (Sheherezade) Holiday Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angie's (Sheherezade) Holiday Challenge

11/17 Hot Yoga class - 90 minutes
    11/17 Weight unknown. Will try to find my scale.

Can't we have a most sweat generated challenge?? I'd surely win. I could squeeze out my yoga clothes. 100 degree rooms are insane...but I like it. I've finally found an exercise that I like that works for me. Now if I could just reconcile myself to the "diet" part of this process.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Don't know etiquette here-- I'm guessing I'm not supposed to comment on your thread-- but I had to laugh at hot yoga class! I though maybe your instructor was hot, or it was only for hot ppl... But now I get it. I would hyperventilate doing any exercise in extreme temps!
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Have to admit that one of the yoga teachers is pretty hot - but just for one class of the week. And soooo young. (Like 25) I had to take my husband along to a class and introduce him so my DH would stop think I was going for the wrong reasons. I think the kid thinks of me like his mom, though. He's even said after class that his mom used to so XYZ just like me. LOL I'm soooo old. So sad. And yet, I am still entertained - particularly when he steps behind me and rubs my shoulders to get me to "drop those shoulder blades and relax".

Today's teacher is my fav, though. She's a pretty cynical and yet inspirational woman about my age. Funny and forgiving and still does a tough class.
      Angie
      Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

Lol!!
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Clearly, I am a dirty old woman. (Although I have to say that my husband was mightly entertained when my son's teacher one year looked like a supermodel. I think ALL the dads went for the parent teacher conferences that year. And sadly, she was the teacher that had to do sex ed for the 5th grade boys. Not sure how that will affect my son long term....)
          Angie

Comment

Hot yoga (as in temperature hot ) 11/18/11 90 minutes

Weight remains unknown.... but my exercise pants and tops are getting baggy!
            Angie

Comment

11/19/11 Slow flow yoga with the DH 75 minutes
              Angie

Comment

11/21/11 Hot Vinyasa Flow (Power Yoga) 90 minutes
                Angie

Comment

11/23 Hot yoga 90 minutes
                  11/26 Slow Flow yoga 75 minutes
                  Angie

Comment

11/29 Hot yoga 90 minutes
                    Angie

Comment

Vinyasa slow flow -- 60 minutes. Surprisingly harder than the power class. I think the teacher was showing off for the other teacher that was taking the class.
                      Angie

Comment

12/1 Yoga basics class 60 minutes. (easy except the 2 min plank holds-I hate guy teachers and their massive arm strength!)
                        Angie

Comment

12/2 hot power yoga 90 minutes
                          Angie

Comment

Total so far 10 hours....

Thank G*d we are doing this given all the crap food over Thanksgiving and now holiday baking. I need to get my diet back on track.
                            Angie

Comment

Slow flow 75 minutes
                              Angie

Comment

Working...
                              X