Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

HeyMeganZ Holiday Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeyMeganZ Holiday Challenge

Need to drop the 10 I've gained since residency started (coincidence, I think not) and make time to workout instead of burying myself in work/trying to be home when he is.

1 hour, barre class

Oh Megan, how do you like the barre class? I tried it a couple of times and had trouble getting out of bed the next day from soreness

Comment

I'm obsessed. I took my first class a little less than a year ago and just laughed over how bad I was but was impressed to hear how the participants of a 'challenge' did going 4x a week for 6 weeks. I started to do it and lost over 8 inches (from all over, arms, waist, thighs, etc.).

I know it works for my body type, but you're right, I get super sore - especially now since I took a 5 month hiatus and it shows!

Comment

Okay, I'm going to start going again because I need some major toning! There was a guy in the class who walked in and said "oh, this is for women" but the teacher told him he could stay if he wanted to. Less than fifteen minutes in, he was shaking and sat down, staring at the ground. Looks easy but sooo not!

Comment

Feel free to PM me if you want someone to keep you motivated, or do a challenge with! i'm trying to go at least 4x a week because I know I had really fantastic results. i'll try to update here too

Comment

Another 1 hour class last night, and an hour long one coming up saturday!

Comment

Go Megan! I'm working on my mini workouts til I can get a set gym schedule again! Keep us posted on your progress!

Comment

So ever since you two started talking about it, I've been kind of intrigued by this barre class thing. We have it at my gym ("barre blast" to be specific) - but as a rule, I try to avoid classes that are too "dancey." For example - I would SUCK at something like Zumba (I've actually watched video of my childhood dance recitals - and even at age 4, I just stand there on stage in my cute little outfit watching the other girls dance). I've watched some you-tube clips and I kind of think that maybe I can handle this - it doesn't seem like there is a long routine to remember or anything....

I don't know - I hate going to a class without knowing what to expect. I just really need to find my go-to classes here. I had such a great routine going in nyc -- equinox, I miss you! I've been running way too much the past few months and I can tell my body is getting really sick of it (or maybe I'm just starting to get old and this just how my knees normally feel?). AND I only have a few more months until I have to fit into that really expensive white dress I bought months ago - AHHHH!

So what do you think - would you recommend the class for someone who isn't much of a dancer?

Comment

JDAZ, yes! It's not really dancey, more like very tiny movements that are supposed to tone your body: http://www.fitsugar.com/search?s=bar%20method
                  Sometimes they use really light weights but no dance experience necessary Hope that helps?

Comment

Awesome - thank you! I just wanted to make sure the clips I was looking at weren't atypical! It's on my radar for next week (I've already missed this week's classes). Sorry to butt in on your holiday challenge thread Megan! Keep up the good work

Comment

Let us know how you like it!

Comment

Working...
                      X