Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Tenacious_D Life Challenge for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would still go!
    Veronica
    Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry!
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Well I hobbled over to the gym today with the boys. did about 20 minutes worth of upper body weightlifting and spent the rest of the hour in the sauna. Missed my zumba ladies today...

And I couldn't find parking last night close enough to the restaurant so I bailed and went back home...Le sigh
        Danielle
        Wife of a sexy Radiologist and mom to TWO adorable little boys!

Comment

Finally back on track. My ankle still hurts but not nearly as bad. I've been doing classes the past week and can workout if it's wrapped but can't really run. I haven't logged anything in the past week but I've done 3 zumba classes, swam for 4 days and took 2 spinning classes...so about 7 hours since the infamous fall.

28 hours to date...not as intense but better than nothing
          Danielle

Comment

Dang I tried Zumba today and I can not imagine doing that on a hurt ankle!!!
            Peggy

Comment

I'm that obsessed I hobble jog to my car but pull all the strength I can muster to get through the class. Did you enjoy the zumba class?
              Danielle

Comment

Ummmm... It was interesting. I loved the music, it was fun, but I was lost on the steps. After a set or 2 I could get the steps, but not arms and steps together lol. I am not a dancer so I don't have much rhythm lol. There were lots of newbies in there and none of us looked like we knew what we were doing!!!

Anyway I found that it had a LOT of pivots and stuff that kinda bug my knee. I can see myself doing Zumba for fun maybe once a week or every 2 weeks, but not a regular thing maybe??

I'm going next week with 2 friends-- they've never gone so that should be interesting!!
                Peggy

Comment

I feel you on the complex movements. I went for 2 or 3 classes a year ago and quit going because I am NOT a dancer and it was too fast for me. My mistake was being in the back of the classroom. So I moved to the front and after 3 more sessions, I finally got it. Granted the group I Zumba with is a compilation of zumba gold members and SAHMs
                  Danielle

Comment

I just tried a Zumba class today for the first time, after being inspired by this thread.... It totally rocked. I think I'm hooked. I am not very good at it yet but talk about getting in a good workout with barely noticing the time flying by! I usually count down the minutes when I'm on a machine but today it was like, what, it's over already? Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

Working...
                    X