Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Peggy 2012 challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peggy 2012 challenge

Jan 2 1:25
    Jan 3 1:25
    Jan 6 1:30
    Jan 7 1:10
    Jan 9 1:30 today-- treadmill 45 min and weights 45 min.

Total: 7 hours
    Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Jan 10: 1 hour treadmill and weights.
    Peggy

Comment

Jan 12- 90 minutes. 45 treadmill and 45 weights.
      Peggy

Comment

Do you do weight machines? Weights are the one thing I've been slacking on.

Comment

Machines. I'm too intimidated by free weights!! I never have a spotter-- I do weights 2x a week and do legs and arms both days. Just 3-4 machines for arms and 3-4 for legs, about 3 sets of 10 at each machine.
          Peggy

Comment

And why is it that I'm intimadated by machines but will do free weights! It's just hard for me to do more than 10 min without getting bored.

Comment

Lol! Free weights are a little limited IMO. I move between different machines and so usually I don't hit the same one more than 1x a week. But I like lifting weights-- not so much my legs, though. I don't do squats.
              Peggy

Comment

Back from my break... Still waiting to run on my knee until Thursday. It's a little sore but only a very mild pain. I can live with it. I don't know if running in good shoes will fix the entire problem, but I'll find out soon enough!!

Anyway spinning today- and abs.

1.5 hours.

Total: 11 hours
                Peggy

Comment

1:30 today

I ran 50 min on treadmill, 40 min weights.

First day running after 1 week rest. My knee hurts still... About a 1. I think it's just a pain I'll have to live with-- it might get better. Definitely the new shoes felt more stable. I could see my stride collapse with the old shoes. Wish I'd gone to get fitted before!!! Oh well!!! I am almost 36 and I have 5 kids... I think mild aches and pains are to be expected!!!
                  Peggy

Comment

Going to have to take a break from running... I have a dr appt for Monday, but last night my knee was swollen and it hurt to walk up the stairs.

Boo! Sucks.

Dh said- you should have taken it easy on your run... Very helpful dear.

Anyway... I think I'll try to stick with spinning but maybe running is out for a while. And I JUST got to the point where I was starting to enjoy it a little-- but I push too hard and try to up mileage too fast. If I don't feel like I'm dying at the end of a run I feel like a slacker... Oh well.
                    Peggy

Comment

Oh no! What a bummer! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Comment

I hope the doc has some insight, but I predict either

1). Don't run for at least 4 weeks
                        2) after you run, Ice your knee
                        3). Avoid exercises that cause pain

Le sigh.

I hope I can still do spinning even if I can't run. I think I can-- maybe elliptical too even tho I don't like elliptical. The girl at the running shop says after her knee surgery she needed to stop running in treadmill and rehab just on bikes- doing spinning etc. She still doesn't run on the treadmill.

I'm choosing to blame the treadmill bc that means in a few weeks I can still run if I want and have no knee problems.

Peggy

Comment

I had the Dr appt on Monday (referral to PT and recommendation to not run until I was pain free ).

Tuesday I went to spin and lift weights. 90 min total. Spinning was ok but she did some standing sprints on a flat road. No thanks. Talk about a knee killer so I didn't do that part of the workout which was ok.

Then yesterday I had the PT appt and that went well. She showed me some exercises to strengthen my quads-- and that should help to take minimize the knee pain and keep it from getting worse. But probably I'll have runners knee for forever, Esp when shoes get old, etc etc. she said I could try treadmill next week maybe- but to go easy and to add an incline because that will help strengthen the quads and is a better mimic of running on the road-- incline of .5-1.

Anyway... I think in a couple weeks if all goes well I can add a Zumba class that just opened up on Monday's-- my only day I could possibly take a class!!! Yay!!!

PT recommended I look at a yoga class too to get better stretching but those are at odd times for me. I'll see what I can find.
                          Peggy

Comment

Thursday- elliptical 45 min, PT exercises and weights for 45.

All in all I feel good. It was hard not to turn automatically to the treadmill lol. Like a rat! Elliptical is ok. I am going to have to deal for the next few weeks anyway. My knee feels ok- a mild ache- but my calf muscles are sore from the PT exercises!!!

At this point I highly doubt I will ever go off of motrin.

Total to date- 15 h 30 min
                            Peggy

Comment

Saturday spinning 1 hour, abs and weights 30 min.

Monday elliptical 40 min, weights 50 min.
                              Peggy

Comment

Working...
                              X