Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

niener: healthy body, healthy mind challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niener: healthy body, healthy mind challenge

I can feel myself becoming discouraged. It's been 8 weeks since I've been exercising regularly and eating healthy. Prior to that I ate like complete crap, never exercised, and gained 10 pounds since moving here in July, 5 of those in December alone, which is a lot on my small frame. The first few weeks were ok. I wasn't loosing pounds but I was seeing small changes in my measurements. Then 4 weeks ago, I stopped taking a certain medication and since then I've actually gained two pounds and my shrinking waist is no longer shrinking. I went to the gym today but had no energy, no motivation. I sweat my ass off 4-5 times a week at the gym, eat clean -- a complete 180 from just a few months ago -- and I have nothing to show for it. No, I take that back. I have ringworm covering my back and torso to show for it, thanks to nasty ass people laying on the mats at the gym.

I keep trying to remind myself that even though the scale isn't moving, my heart is becoming healthier, my lungs are becoming healthier, and my muscles are becoming stronger... but I'm not always very convincing. So maybe, I don't know, perhaps by making my workouts public I'll feel more accountable and push through those "what's the point" days. I know eventually my body will adjust to the change in medication and I'll start seeing pounds drop off, but dammit is sure is taking it's sweet time.

Last week:
    2/20 - 45min on elliptical, upper body weights, abs
    2/21 - 40min on elliptical, 20min on treadmill
    2/22 - 30min on elliptical, 20min on bike, upper body weights, abs
    2/23 - ran home from work (3 miles)
    out of town 2/24-2/26
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

2/27: 20min run with dog (had to cut it short b/c she was having major ADHD)
    2/28: 30min elliptical, 30min bike
    2/29: 45min elliptical, upper body weights
    Wife of a surgical fellow; Mom to a busy toddler girl and 5 furballs (2 cats, 3 dogs)

Comment

3/1: 30min run/walk in the park (ran almost 2 miles with no stopping!) + about 14 holes of disc golf
      3/2: nada (tornadoes and whatnot...)
      3/3: heavy duty house cleaning
      3/4: 30min jog with dog

Today is weigh-in and measuring day. Still no weight loss and no inches lost. Bummer :-/

Comment

3/5: 60min elliptical
        3/6: 60min bike, upper body weights, abs
        3/7: 18 hole round of disc golf

Comment

Well I've pretty much sucked at life for the past 10 days. Migraine set in last Friday, 3/9, and all I did for about 4 days was use up oxygen. As far as I understand physical exertion, that does not count. Felt better mid-week and managed to do a Jillian Michaels video (which, damn that was hard!) but then got a rebound headache so all I did the rest of the week was take the dog on long walks. So we'll pick up with Friday:

3/16: 18 hole round of disc golf
          3/17: 30min jog with dog
          3/18: JM video

Weigh-in day, 0.5 lbs lost (of muscle, probably) and 0.5 inches gained.

Comment

Working...
          X