Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Pebbles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pebbles

Merry Christmas Pebbles,
    Your Secret Santa gift is on its way!
    Here is your first hint:

Last year your location experienced a series of snow storms that shut the city down, much like what happened in my state in 2008. It was epic and made national news, as my state doesn't handle snow very well. We were completely shut down for 3 weeks!

I'll give you another clue in a few days.

Your iMSN Elf.

Pebbles

Pebbles, do you have any guesses for me? Any other hints or clues that I can give you? By the end of this week you should receive your gift.

Here is a rhyme DH came up with for you:

"Your obelisk is grand,
    That much is true.
    We have the biggest park,
    But not much blue."

Take a guess!

Comment

Sorry I didn't to see the first hint!

1st: I'm thinking maybe Texas? or somewhere warm
      2nd: This one at first made me think...Alaska..which is a huge national park...but there is water near it....so I had to think think think...SO... Grand Canyon? If so..that puts me away from Texas to Arizona

Arizona...so 1st guess:

Pollyanna?

Comment

Close...

Nope, not Pollyanna. You're on the right side of the country, but my state is vastly different than Arizona.

My state has plenty of "blue" in terms of lakes, rivers and the ocean...the "blue" refers to something else.

Comment

hmmm....blue ref politics? so Texas = republican? lol

soonertexan?

Comment

or Medspedspouse??

Comment

Nope!

For the blue hint: you're looking down, look up!

Here is another clue:

My city is the only US city with an active volcano within the city limits.

Comment

Well when I first read that...I thought Hawai'i..and then remember I don't I know anyone here from the Islands....then I thought Washington, but can't say I remember any Washingtonians....so....had to think think think....most active volcano I can think of is Mount St. Helen's....putting me around Portland, Oregan?

My third guess is :

weeniegeniewife

Comment

Ding ding ding!!!

That was fun. The active volcano is a volcano called Mt. Tabor; it's within city limits and a popular place for people to bike and hike.

The park is Forest Park, which is the largest park in the nation within city limits. Also a very fun place to bike and hike.

The "blue" is our lack of it in the sky, especially during the winter months.

Nicely played! I hope you like your gift.
                  Married to a peds surgeon attending

Comment

lol Well I guess I got the wrong volcano! You're hints were so very good!! Blue...I get it now! I was all over the place...thinking, blue, blue, blue?? Great fun!!

Thank you so much for being my Secret Santa! I'm very excited!

Comment

Please let me know if you don't receive your gift by Saturday; I shipped it last Monday and am a little nervous it hasn't made its way to you yet.

Comment

Genie I got it today! I did come earlier, but I was away in Miami on business and just was able to pick it up today!!!

Thank you so much!!!! Such a thoughtful and amazing gift!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Comment

Oh, I'm so glad it came and that you posted a pic! I LOVE Teavana, and when I got notice that you wanted a cup for tea, I just had to purchase you a tea cup and tea blend gift from them. Not sure if you have Teavana there or not, but their teas are amazing.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                          X