Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

HouseofWool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseofWool

Because I like to recycle and I frankly can't top this, so I am stealing this poem for the most part with a few modern additions. Besides there are probably some peeps who haven't previously read this awesomesauce. Besides HouseofWool made the matches, so she already knows who I am, and I am going to quit justifying my plagiarism now. And so....

EverySpouse Down in iMSN Liked KrisH a lot...

And the Grinch,Who lived way South of KrisH, was shocked!
    The Grinch loved KrisH! The whole KrisH essence! Now, please help the Grinch. Help the grinch think of presents! It could be her head wasn't screwed on just right. It could be, perhaps, that her clothes are too tight. But the Grinch needs help from one and from all. Thinking of something worthy and small.

But,
    Whatever the reason, her scheme or her clothes, The Grinch sat here on iMSN, Thinking of prose, Staring at the screen with a sour Grinchy frown, wondering when she will shop and send her present on down. For she knew every member on iMSN here, Was busy now, reading her lines with some fear.

"And they're jealous of her rhyming!" she snarled with a sneer, "and her Santa is KrisH! Why it just isn't fair!" Then she growled, with her Grinch fingers nervously drumming, "I MUST find some way to send KrisH things stunning!"
    For,Tomorrow, she knew...

...All the iMSN girls and boys Would wake bright and early. They'd think in their heads! And then! Read, the threads! Oh, the threads! Threads! Threads! Threads!

That's one thing she loved! The threads! Threads! Threads! Threads! Then the MSNers, young and old, would sit down to read. And they'd read! And they'd read! And they'd Read! Read! Read! Read!

They would read on TomKat, and Indian Chicken feasts, the Grinch's posts to Kris, and spouses who were beasts!

And THEN They'd do something She liked least of all! EverySpouse down in iMSN, the tall and the small, Would post close together, with fingers busy tapping. They'd post one and all. About what the Grinch was wrapping!

They'd post! And they'd post! And they'd post! POST! POST! POST! And the more the Grinch thought of this Spouse-KrisH-Post, The more the Grinch thought, "I MUST get Kris some toast!" "Why, without more ideas on what she should get," "Toast" she thought, "might be her best bet!"

...But WHAT?"
    Then she got an idea! An awful idea! THE GRINCH GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!

"Toast just won't do!" The Grinch laughed in her throat. And she begged for ideas, "A hat or a coat?" And she chuckled, and clucked, "What a great Grinchy trick!" "With PM's from you, I'll find a gift quick!"

"All Kris needs is a clue...." The Grinch looked around. But, since clues are scarce, there were none to be found. Did that stop the old Grinch...? No! The Grinch simply stated,

"Look through this Dr. Seuss poem I've created" So she gave this first hint. "To this board, I am not new," And for today that would be the last clue.

THEN she loaded her kids And an old empty purse In a ramshackle van For her credit to burst.

Then the Grinch said, "Please start!" And the car putted down Toward the shops that other Spouses would love in her town.

All the shops were still dark. Palm trees filled the air. All the Spouses were all dreaming sweet dreams without care When she came to the first little shop on the square. "This is stop number one," the old Grinchy Claus hissed And she climbed from the car, empty purse in her fist.

Then she got out her wallet with pennies to pinch. But, if others could do it, then so could the Grinch. She got stuck only once, for a moment or two, but she chatted with spouses and knew what to do. She found a nice we-vibe at the end of the row. "This present," she grinned, "will be packaged to go!"

Then she slithered and slunk, with a smile most unpleasant, Around the whole store, with Kris's new present! Has kids! South of you! Is Silly! Wears blue! Old timer! Sour-puss! Guess! By my clue! And she stuffed the clues in. Then the Grinch, very nimbly, Stuffed all the clues, in this poetry chimbly!

I flove you very much, Grinchy Claus!
    Kris

Comment

. Never gets old!!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

because I am waaay to lazy to dig, who wrote this the first time around?
        Kris

Comment

It's not the same person who wrote it now? I thought it was...
          Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

I didn't get you a we-vibe
            As you aren't a couple quite yet
            Something with batteries is coming though
            Never, Never you fret

I hope you enjoy it immensely
            Though, to me, please don't tell
            I'm glad we have such a good friendship
            But I needn't know you THAT well

I also procured a little something extra
            From the dawkter and me