Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Now that I'm "that mom"....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I'm "that mom"....

I've been letting my daughter (7) and son (10) watch Charmed with me all during Christmas break. I have an unhealthy addiction. The show is so campy, I don't see it as bad for the kids. The language is off color and there are some sexual references and situations - but I'm always there to explain or discuss.

Good news: It's had a huge positive effect on my daughter. She's turned in to a real girl power kid. She's no longer scared of the dark - in fact demons better fear HER. :> She's started a ton of imaginative play with potions - and she's even renewed playing with her brother. (He's the demon. )

Bad news: She's gotten all her friends interested. They're all sister witches at recess. Big fun for her - but I'm waiting for a phone call. She's told me that two of the little girls have convinced their moms to let them watch. Do you think they will be upset the first time they hear one sister call a demon a b*t&ch?
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

(He's the demon. )
    I love it.

Comment

I don't think that it's bad at all, I love the show (which is the bashful emoticon?) and Gosh knows that females need some power girls...

Comment

She's Piper all the way. Apparently, she has the hair. (Even her friends agree.) I think she's also in to the big sister/mother of powerful baby thing. :> I'm intrigued that she's got a boy in the class that plays Leo with her. Wonder if it's love.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

I have watched every single episode, and I was so sad when it went off the air for good last year.

It's very fun, and I got super into it. I even thought of getting a triquetra tatoo (and I currently have none). This show is a big time geek out for me.

Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Here's what I found in her folder from indoor recess time today.

Love the "inlessits wanted". And Prue only gets to play "sometimes".

Here's my little witch-

I'm glad I'm not the only one that watches Charmed. It is total escapism. Love it. And now.....so do both my kids. :>
            Angie

Comment

She is a beautiful witch! I think that's the 1st kid picture you've shared w/us!!

(love your drapes, too).

Comment

I think that's the 1st kid picture you've shared w/us!!
                That's because we didn't have a camera. But....Santa came through with a Rebel for DH this year. Now.....we shall have memories.

Here's my crew displaying my natural grace and charm.

Angie

Comment

I love the pictures! You'll have to include the cast list in her scrapbook. Maybe one day she'll be a screenwriter.

And congrats on the new addition to your family. Enjoy the Rebel!

Comment

OMG I LOVE Charmed! I love you guys, you are such a bunch a geeks like me. No one else I know really cares that I got the Harry Potter box set for Christmas, but I know you ladies can appreciate it! I'm such a dork I even downloaded the Charmed theme song onto my computer because I love it so much.

Comment

DH and I both like Charmed!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

or as WHFS' (alas, another victim of corporate radio...) DJ Weazel would refer to him "The Miserable Steven Patrick Morrissey".

Sorry for the mini-hijack. We just unearthed our Smiths albums.

Jenn

Comment

I think it's the one from the show? I downloaded it a while ago on my old computer, it just said Charmed theme song so I'm guessing it's not the original.

Comment

I have the theme song from Angel on my computer....the violin one...
                            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                              X