Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Rat's Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rat's Nest

My DD has the WORST rat's nest in the back of her head. Every morning I brush or comb it out as she fusses. When I give her a bath I put on tons of conditioner and comb it out then too with the conditioner still in it. Any suggestions?
    Mom to three wild women.

My mother just ended up cutting all my hair off (well, actually my grandmother took me to her hairdresser with my mother's blessing) because I threw a fit everyday. Now, my aunt could get me all dolled up and put rollers in and that was fine, but one ponytail by mom? No way.

Jenn

Comment

I used to have the same thing when I was a kid. My mom had to start brushing my hair a lot throughout the day and we used a spray detangler for kids that worked WONDERS.

Comment

dd#1 has the same issue. in the morning, i spray conditioner and water i mix myself in her hair. it helps alot! also, if your dd has hair long enough, try braiding it at night.
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

My mom french braided my hair a lot for this reason. I hated being her model while she learned but once she learned it was quick and painless and looked very nice.
          Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

ditto to the spray conditioner/detangler and the braid.....

I still do that often....my hair is so much more manageable the next day if I braid it at night....doesn't have to be a french...I do a regular braid cause I'm lazy.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh we are so familiar with this problem. When they wash their hair in the bath or shower, I have them put on a thick conditioner and comb it through really well. Then we also do the spray conditioner in the mornings. Haircuts help too -- you might just need some of that hair cut out of there.

Good luck! Some days I just let Anna have a rat's nest in the back of her hair. It's not worth the fight.

Comment

Emma has the same problem- I use to have to comb her hair every morning and every night. Now if I remember to use an Aveda product on her it is down to every morning. I have found that the Aveda Styling Curressence does wonders on her hair. A little goes a long way too.

We have tried Loreal for kids- conditioner, detangling spray, and so far the only thing working is the Aveda spray.
                Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                  We tried detangler,after a while it leaves a gross film, which I guess is what happens after you use half the bottle.
                  And it also makes their hair so slippery that swim goggles slip right off their heads. Took me a while to figure out why those *^&*(@&@ goggles wouldn't stay on.

Comment

I forgot to mention that I also don't rinse out conditioner completely. I keep enough in that my hair still feels soft and a little 'slippery.' At the beach? forget it....I used to keep a bottle of VO5 in my beach bag and slather it in after the salt water, just to get enough of a finger-comb in it to pull it into a ponytail. I'd deal with the conditioner/salt mess in the shower when I got home.
                    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                    X