Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Talk about scary/ creepy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about scary/ creepy

Sex offender posing as boy may have enrolled in school

Brent Whiting
    The Arizona Republic
    Jan. 22, 2007 05:43 PM

A 29-year-old convicted sex offender who is suspected of assuming the role of a 12-year-old boy is believed to have enrolled last year at a charter school in Surprise, authorities said Monday.

Police are investigating whether Neil Havens Rodreick II was signed up from August through November at Imagine Charter Elementary School at Rosefield, 12050 N. Bullard Ave., police said.

Investigators are checking attendance records to verify whether Rodreick showed up at classes there and if there are any records of complaints, said Officer Michael Stewart, a Surprise police spokesman.

"At this time, there is no indication that Mr. Rodreick committed any crimes against children in Surprise or at Imagine," Stewart said.

School officials were not immediately available late Monday afternoon for comment on the case, but they told 12 News that had no reports of inappropriate conduct involving Rodreick.

On Friday, the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office announced the Rodreick, a convicted sex offender from Oklahoma, had been taken into custody and booked in a Prescott jail.

He reportedly conned two Chino Valley men into believing he was a 12-year-old boy, moved into their home and had an ongoing sexual relationship with them, said Susan Quayle, a sheriff's spokeswoman.

"This is the weirdest case I've seen in 18 years," Quayle said.

The ruse was discovered Jan. 17 after one of the men tried to enroll the fake 12-year-old at Mingus Springs Charter School in Chino Valley, about 90 miles northwest of Phoenix, using the name Casey Price, she said.

Rodreick apparently shaved his body hair and used makeup to keep up his guise as a pre-teen boy, Quayle said.

They announced on the news this evening that this creep (huge understatement) also attended a Jr hi or highschool here in PHX for a while...totally freaky !!!

Originally posted by *Lily*
    Do you think he picked a school in a town called Surprise for any particular reason?
    Very, very funny.

But the idea of that happening. How awful!!!!!! It gives me the heebie jeebies.

Comment

This just makes me sick.
      There are way too many sick freaks, i.e. the guy who kidnapped those 2 kids in MO, one for four years!!
      It pisses me off that people like this are allowed to walk the streets AFTER they are known pedophiles.

Comment

What idiot wouldn't be able to tell a 29yo from a 12 yo?

I'm sorry, unless the guy was a eunich, there had to be some way to tell.

Yuck.

and I know I've told you all before that we had a pedophile guy that we supported once when I worked in the MR world and he was the most difficult client to deal with. ultimately we had him rehospitalized after we found pictures of kids under his mattress.

Jenn

Comment

That's sick. But it also goes to show how little communication there is between school and parents. Had they tried to reach the parents, he'd have been found so much sooner.
          Cristina
          IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
            What idiot wouldn't be able to tell a 29yo from a 12 yo?
            Seriously.

Comment

What a horrible story.

My mom handles enrollments for several high schools and she recently had to enroll a convicted sex offender. He was supposed to be enrolled in a school for troubled teens, but they didn't have any openings so the superintendent decided to enroll him in the regular high school....and none of the parents OR teachers were informed of his history.

Comment

Originally posted by Makai
                and none of the parents OR teachers were informed of his history.
                that seems so inappropriate! you'd think w/the sex offender registry and all ....

Comment

What was his sex offense?

This is where the sex offenders list can get sticky because if he was 18 and had a 16 yo girlfriend whose parents were pissed that she was having sex, it's no different than if he'd taken a 10 yo to the woods.

Some places do degrees of sexual offense but unless you know what they are, what good does it do?

After I get done with the tax code, I'm redoing the legal system.

Jenn

Comment

He was convicted of rape...I don't know the circumstances, though. My mom said he was 14 and he was kicked out of the LA County schools for the offense...and shipped to her district.

Comment

Ok, then he gets the neon sign.

Jenn

Comment

Ok, I'm on the phone now with my mom and she's saying that kid also has a bestiality conviction (where the heck is that ing emoticon???) Apparently that is only a misdemeanor in CA.

Comment

I think an anonymous tip to the newspapers is in order. WTH? Does she know what the explanation is for not notifying anyone?

Comment

What was his sex offense?

The said on the news that he ,(The 12 yr old imposter) was convicted of sexually abusing a 10 or 12 yr old boy in OK.

Comment

Originally posted by *Lily*
                              Do you think he picked a school in a town called Surprise for any particular reason?
                              Great. The town I live in is in the national spotlight and it's for this freak show.

But, what I want to know, is how the hell this kid passed as a 12 year old? Have you seen the pics of him? He looks like a 30 y/o man, just short.

Comment

Working...
                              X