Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Look, I made a craft! And I have a baby-registry question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look, I made a craft! And I have a baby-registry question.

So, our friends have a newborn, born last week. I did not do a gift at the time of the shower (and wasn't able to attend), but I wanted to do a welcome gift now. I'd been wanting to try freezer-paper stenciling, and I made these (baby's name is Seamus, his in-utero nickname was Mango):

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AYt2TZi3ctU

These were fun to do and the parents have indicated they like homemade gifts, but I wanted to get a little something else, as well. They still have a lot of stuff on their registry . . . after your baby was born, did you still want the stuff on your registry? (Assuming you had one, of course.) Or had you pretty much gotten yourself everything you needed in preparation for baby's arrival and the stuff left on the registry was still there because you were kind of tepid on it at that point? I'm trying to decide what to pad this gift with . . . Or maybe, since there's already a personalized aspect to the gift, a gift-certificate to the place their registry is from? I have no idea what if anything they still need.
    Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
    Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
    Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Julie, those are adorable!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

OMG- those are great! Why would you need more than those? Seriously!

The items that I remember and have moved twice now are the homemade quilts, and two samplers that were given to Nikolai. I think the personalized stuff is fantastic.

Jenn

Comment

Thanks! (Actually I can only bring myself to give them away by telling myself I can always make more! )

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”

Comment

Super cute!! How did you do it?

I think a gift card to the place the registry was, or even a pack of larger sized diapers is fabulous. Once the new kiddo comes, it's all about just having what you need. They've probably been given a lot of newborn diapers, but the kid will grow out of those in a heartbeat. The next size up is great - just so it's available once they realize the other doesn't fit.

Comment

Are you taking orders for the onesies? Those are fantastic.

re: registry. I would rather have one of those t-shirts. A gift card is a good idea to pick up all those little things.

Comment

Seriously
              Are you taking orders for the onesies? Those are fantastic.
              Great idea and great work!

Comment

Those are totally cute! Disposable diapers are a good idea to pad the gift, if you think it is necessary, or a gift card is nice, too. I also like the idea of a gift for mom. I am really impressed by the onesies, though! Great work!

Sally
                Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Those are adorable! Start taking orders.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by Genivieve
                    Super cute!! How did you do it?
                    Tutorials and some stencils are here:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=17814.0

It's a good craft for a non-crafty person--not a lot of investment in supplies, very short learning curve, etc.

Thanks, everyone.

Comment

Make a T-shirt for mom! I never had a shower, and Daegan came soo early. But I did register, but really I had no idea what to register for...so I vote a gift card...but I think you should make mom a shirt too!

I love the onesies!
                      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                      X