Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

so what is the going rate for a tooth these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so what is the going rate for a tooth these days?

Jacob has his 1st loose tooth. He's so excited. I'm kind of sad.

What's the going rate for the tooth fairy these days? I want to be prepared.

I went to the bank and got 20 bucks in those golden dollars. That's what our tooth fairy brings....one per tooth. It's good to keep whatever your giving on hand. Those teeth start falling out left and right soon and you never know when you'll need tooth fairy supplies. The important part is to remember to do it. I've woken up in a cold sweat twice now remembering they had a tooth under their pillow.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Great idea Angie! I'm totally going to do that. They'll think it's so cool.

Comment

So let me see if I got this right. Twenty teeth times $20, that means a kid will end up with $400 by the time baby teeth are gone. Where was this tooth fairy when MY teeth were falling?
        Cristina
        IM PGY-2

Comment

I love that idea, Angie!

My friend's son lost his first tooth recently and when the tooth fairy went to collect the tooth, all that was underneath the pillow was a nickel....no tooth. Turns out her daughter took the tooth in the middle of the night and put it underneath her pillow...hoping that the tooth fairy would leave the money with her. At least she was kind enough to leave a nickel behind for her brother.

Comment

I think the coins are dollar coins aren't they? If the tooth fairy is giving 20 bucks per tooth I'm signing up.

Jenn

Comment

cristina I think she meant you put one gold dollar under the pillow for each tooth. She just got 20 dollars worth of gold dollars to stock up for later? I am reading this right?

Comment

One dollar coins, yes. I wouldn't give $20 bucks a tooth. We've actually had three teeth under the pillow on one night here. I couldn't afford it.

I just stocked up on the coins and socked them away in my closet. I'm actually getting low and DS (10) just started losing teeth again. I may have to make a trip to the bank again.

I'm glad you liked the idea.
                Angie
                Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
                Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Whew! I was starting to dread the years ahead. At first I read that and I thought, hmm, $20 isn't too much. But then I realized there are twenty baby teeth so it can add up quickly.
                  Cristina
                  IM PGY-2

Comment

Originally posted by Pollyanna
                    What are these golden dollars you speak of?
                    They're the Sacagawea dollars. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea_dollar

Comment

That's it. None of you are allowed near my children. They get 50 cents a tooth, no exceptions made for teeth that are pulled by the dentist.

And there has been many a mad dash made for my purse while said child is in the shower......apparently, OUR tooth fairy runs a little late sometimes, especially during "tooth-losing season". (We have no shame.)

Sally
                      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Originally posted by mommax3
                        That's it. None of you are allowed near my children. They get 50 cents a tooth, no exceptions made for teeth that are pulled by the dentist.

And there has been many a mad dash made for my purse while said child is in the shower......apparently, OUR tooth fairy runs a little late sometimes, especially during "tooth-losing season". (We have no shame.)

Sally
                        We give $1 per tooth - the gold ones. I have left tooth fairy I O U's though.
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

We do the gold dollar coins, too - 1 per tooth.

Comment

$2 per tooth here. The tooth fairy DOES follow inflation at our house!

Seriously, we've, ahem, forgotten to have the tooth fairy visit a couple of times.... Luckily my husband and the tooth fairy are super tight and he's gotten her to write letters in "Fairy script" those times which the kids LOVE. Did I mention that he also writes in that Fairy script, too? The oldest caught on long ago and I think the next two are just around the bend from figuring it all out. They still get paid, though, to keep up the magic for the younger kids.
                            Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
                            With fingernails that shine like justice
                            And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Sadly, my son has had six teeth extracted under local anesthesia. (Yes the dentist has advised me that BOTH children will need braces).

If the dentist takes them out: $5
                              Naturally: $1

Kelly
                              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                              X