Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I can't believe I said this!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't believe I said this!!

He will have to go multiple times in the middle of the night....for Tui, I set an alarm because I don't have that "hear a crying dog and wake up" mom instinct perfected yet....but it kidna sucks because Tui has associated the alarm now with "I get to go outside and play with momma." The pup might need to go 3 times in the middle of the night for a month or so...then 2 times....then maybe only once.......I imagine similar to teaching a baby to sleep through the night??? The whole potty training may take 6-8 months, so don't get too discouraged if it's not working in a month or so. It should continue to improve though over the six months.

Ahhh.....how young naive and foolish!! Daegan is awesome and has been sleeping through the night for almost 2 months now, but in NO way did I train him to do it. And if he suddenly stopped I'd be up the proverbial creek!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Oh I posted this in a thread Luanne had about her daughter *cough, cough* getting a new puppy - Winston. About 4 years ago....
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Oh...that's funny! Way to go on the longer nights of sleep for you guys!

Comment

You mean we all missed the chance to pop some popcorn after Daegan was born :>
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

I just came in from COLD temps after walking the above mentioned dachsund. Since he has been with me for 4 years now and sleeps in our bed every night I think I now have FULL CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Along with his friend Franklin, who we felt we should foster until he found a family (3 years ago). Add to that the two kittens I could not say no to. I sleep in a barn
          Luanne
          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne123

I just came in from COLD temps after walking the above mentioned dachsund. Since he has been with me for 4 years now and sleeps in our bed every night I think I now have FULL CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Along with his friend Franklin, who we felt we should foster until he found a family (3 years ago). Add to that the two kittens I could not say no to. I sleep in a barn
            Luanne...don't you know the family bed is a no longer an acceptable parenting method...that...soooo went out with the 90's :> (she says despite the fact that she has two children sleeping in the bed with her, one who come s in 1/2 the time to sleep on the floor and 3 cats that also join her )

I love it that you sleep in a barn. What does your dh say???

kris
            ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
            ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Kris, Jory never had an animal in his entire life until he married me. He grew up in a 5th floor apt in New York. He doesn't mind the animals, in fact he says Winston is his dog. He has me hold the phone to the dog's ear and talks to him!!!!!' Winston sleeps next to him, and if I get too close he nudges me away
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Working...
              X