Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

OB wives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OB wives

Is it possible to have serious morning sickness and still have a miscarriage? My sister is about 9 weeks PG and started spotting today. She saw the heartbeat about 2 weeks ago on the US. She has also had severe morning sickness (even threw up this morning!). How could she throw up and have a miscarriage in the same day? That seems too cruel.

Oh, please tell me it's not possible. She has already had one m/c about a year and a half ago. I could only cry when she told me. They were so excited.

Not an OB wife, but spotting doesn't necessarily mean miscarriage. She should call her doc and have it checked out.

Best wishes.

Comment

Agree with Gen. I had spotting on several occassions during my last PG. It could be implantation. Call the OB.
      Needs

Comment

She should def. have it checked out. Many people have spotting and still have healthy pregnancies, but she should check it all out. One positive thing I remember is tht if you see a healthy heartbeat (which is a certain # of BPM on an early u/s, the risk of a MC decreases by something like 90%. I will be hoping for the best!
        Rebecca, wife to handsome gyn-onc, and mom 4 awesome kiddos: 8,6,4, and 2.

Comment

When I was pg with my ds, I ended up on bedrest for 3 months because I hemorrhaged. I had a subchorionic tear. I bled a lot, and I thought for sure I lost the pg, but he is still here, and I had hyperemesis to boot. She should see her doc.
          Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

I agree with all of the above.....especially that having seen the heartbeat is a very good sign.

Hope everything turns out okay.

Sally
            Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Ditto that. Let us know how she is doing.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

She saw her OB this morning. HB was around 156 and all was good with the little sprout! I am SO incredibly relieved. She has something called sub-chorionic (sp? bleeding.

Comment

Oh, I am so glad everything is OK, whew!

Comment

I had the same thing happen this pregnancy and spotted from 8 weeks to 9 weeks, and was diagnosed as having a subchorionic hemorrage. Apparently it burst, and that caused the spotting- I am 14 weeks and everything is still going fine!
                    Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

I actually found out I was further along w/ both the girls than I thought I was! I had, had a light period (not uncommon for me to have light flow for only a few days) and assumed that it was after this, that I conceived Much to my surprise, each time we did the first ultra sound, I measured several weeks more than what I "knew" I was. I am glad I didn't realize I was PG, or I am sure I would have stressed out over the bleeding. Ignorance is bliss?!

Comment

Working...
                      X