Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Freakin' Snow Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freakin' Snow Day!

I'm not opposed to Snow Days in general (in fact, I always quite enjoyed them), but they call it here for relatively minor snow. Again, wouldn't be THAT big of a deal, but they called today AND THEY'RE ALREADY OFF W-F FOR CONFERENCES, AND THEN MONDAY FOR PRESIDENT'S DAY! :brrr:

I am going to lose my mind. I've been planning activities for the days off, but if it's icky out ...

Snow Day here too. It's only raining still but sleeting and snowing in other areas. They have M and T off next week. Our cousins in KC are supposed to be leaving to move to Orlando. I think he should have drove into STL last night and left this morning. Stay warm. Hope the kiddos don't drive you bonkers

Comment

I wish universities would get snow days.

I'm doing observations today, it's really bad out, and what a coincidence - 3 teachers have called in sick. I guess they're taking their own snow day.
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

I want a snow day. Silly work always goes on.

Comment

Ironically, we get less snowdays here in the tundra than we do anywhere else. As in the past three years of preschool/school, we've had one snow day. Of course, the City of St. Paul spends about $5 million per annum in snow removal.

Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Right - the places who normally get snow will send the kids in most anything. I know I've said it before, but in Cleveland --- we RARELY got snow days. Here they call school on a day that would simply be considered "blustery" in Cleveland.

Comment

So far, the snow is steady here, but not too serious. I'm thinking no snow day tomorrow. It will be our fifth......after the two "cold" days last week. That's the limit. We need a blizzard to get the last snow day, I think.
              Angie
              Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
              Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

Originally posted by Crispin's Crispian
                I was just talking to one of the women I babysit for about snow days in Cleveland.
                See? I'm not crazy! (in this instance anyway). Thank you Cassy!

Comment

Yeah, in Utah they closed school, umm never. I remember one day, ONE in all my years of elementary, middle, and high school that school was closed, and we got like 4 feet of snow in a couple hours right in the morning.

Here, they're like, OH NO, it might be 32 degrees with rain! The roads might be icy. Cancel EVERYTHING!!!

In Utah, they'd be very confused as to the fuss.
                  Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

This woman telling me about how they used to put plastic bags over their socks to make them slide into their snow boots easier and to keep their feet dry. We never did this. I remember a lot of snow boot-cramming as a kid.
                    Yeah. That was genius. We did that.

You're right about the lake effect snow. They hoarded those 5 snow days a year like CRAZY. I never remember a year where we went over and had to make up, and I remember quite a few years that we had NO snow days at all.

We've had 4 already. And we've only had 2 snows of any volume. :brrr:

It's going okay actually. I had a couple neighbors / kids over for a snow day play date, and they boys are chilling downstairs as I'm making soup for tonight. Got my house cleaned, too (neighbors coming over sure will light a fire under my butt!). :jumpsofa:

Comment

For once this is all missing us, we're not getting a single flake (right now).

Ice sucks - sorry to those that are getting that!
                      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

January '99 will always be near and dear in my heart (we were 15 and in 9th grade) !
                        Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Right now we are in the middle of an ice storm- no school today and doubtful for tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the power lines to ice and the power to go out. Thank goodness DH has 3 days off.

Comment

We (Chicago) made the front page of the NY Times! Brrrr.
                            married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Working...
                            X