Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Terrible Twos?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Twos?!

Terrible? Heck no! My DD's "twos" were TERRIFIC! She was such a gentle, inquisitive sweetheart. Three has been fun. . .she has been very imaginative and curious. SO WHAT THE @&*# HAPPENED? What has happened to my daughter? She is turning 4 in 3 months and she has been a little terror for the last 2 weeks. She is climbing all over the furniture. . .jumping on her bed and jumping OFF her bed to "leap" through the air. . .crying hysterically for very little things (ie, can't get the top of a boardgame off by herself). . .ETC ETC ETC.

What happened? Her little sister's birthday is this week and we've been talking about it a lot. Could this be it? We are moving later this summer but we haven't told her anything about it. We sort of talk about it in "code." Maybe she senses? Or is it just a 4 thing?

I never really experienced terrible twos (well, maybe with Amanda :> ) BUT...3 going on 4...look OUT.

much empathy coming your way!

kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Yes, the terrible twos are a myth. It is three that can ...be....challenging. (euphemism!)

Kelly
      In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

OMG are you kidding? 2.5 to 3.0 has been 'trying'. Please tell me I'm at least going to catch a break from 3.0 to 3.5!

Jenn

Comment

I think the hardest ages are between 18 months and 2 years and then between 3 years and 4. That was/is FOR MY GIRLS.

For my son? Perpetual motion from the moment he walked. He settled down at about the age of five....
          Who uses a machete to cut through red tape
          With fingernails that shine like justice
          And a voice that is dark like tinted glass

Comment

Luanne says it best about this age ...

Comment

And I'll say it again!

Terrible Twos

Trying Threes

F*&%ing Fours

This too will pass.
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

With my first girl, 15-21 months was the hardest age followed by the early 3's. (I think! The toddler years left the strongest impression). I thought 4 was pretty good.

With my second, 18-24 months and the transition into three.

IMO, the ages after two can be more difficult because kids have more staying power for tantrums and it is generally harder to distract them or for them to be distracted. In some ways that is great because they can engage in an activity for longer periods.

Comment

Working...
                X