Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Carseat situation is improving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carseat situation is improving

Again, I don't want to jinx myself but about 50% of our car travels are blissfully quiet. Maybe even better than 50% some days. I tried a bunch of stuff and I don't think anything helped other than her getting a bit older. She even *gasp* fell asleep in the car and stayed sleeping in the infant carrier for 15 minutes. This has happened twice.

Progress! We are seeing progress!

The swing is still iffy. It has another week before getting booted to the attic. She likes the bouncy seat for up to half an hour sometimes, especially if her sisters will talk to her or dance around.

Much less screaming all around lots more cooing and smiling. Phew. Still when she gets upset, she gets pretty fired up. As a friend says, Tenacious E has a "persistent" personality.

Oh good!!
    Tenacious E, , I love it!

Comment

I am glad to hear of the improvement! Once we hit 5 months, things improved drastically. I am big on the using the older siblings as entertainment. It earns me a few extra minutes.
      Needs

Comment

Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Re: Carseat situation is improving

Originally posted by cupcake
          As a friend says, Tenacious E has a "persistent" personality.
          I love it! I'm glad things are calming down.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
            I am glad to hear of the improvement! Once we hit 5 months, things improved drastically. I am big on the using the older siblings as entertainment. It earns me a few extra minutes.
            It is so sweet how she giggles for the kids. I love it. I don't know about you but my back and shoulders are getting seriously exhausted from the Baby Bjorn. Aren't you using that a lot? I think she has enough head control to try the Ergo carrier on the front. Maybe that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Makai
              As a friend says, Tenacious E has a "persistent" personality.
              I love it! I'm glad things are calming down.
              I hope you're doing ok!
              As for the using older kids as entertainment, my dad caught this on tape! I'm playing with my baby brother (he's 8 years younger than me). So, I'm playing, he starts to get antsy, I announce that he needs something, my mom pokes her head from around a newspaper, and says to me "could you grab that bottle over there and give it to him?"
              married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Originally posted by alison
                As for the using older kids as entertainment, my dad caught this on tape! I'm playing with my baby brother (he's 8 years younger than me). So, I'm playing, he starts to get antsy, I announce that he needs something, my mom pokes her head from around a newspaper, and says to me "could you grab that bottle over there and give it to him?"
                I see nothing remotely embarrassing about that at all. If I have kids 8 years apart, I'd probably have the 8 year old doing full-on babysitting.

I love Tenacious E, Nellie ... and I'm glad it's slowly improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
                  It is so sweet how she giggles for the kids. I love it. I don't know about you but my back and shoulders are getting seriously exhausted from the Baby Bjorn. Aren't you using that a lot? I think she has enough head control to try the Ergo carrier on the front. Maybe that will help.

Daegan was a little short for the Ergo when I first put him in....worked great for controlling his head though!! He's such a 'wrap' snob now though! I keep trying to use the Ergo or a ring sling I made but he really prefers the wrap! I'm glad I ordered the 'summer' one!

there might be a www.nineinnineout.org group near you...and they will usually let you try on the different carriers if you find she doesn't take to the Ergo.. :soapbox: I'm not angry, but I'll step off my baby-wearing soap box now...
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Thanks, Michele.

Comment

Avery can get the full belly laugh from Tyler. It makes me smile every time. Yes, I use the Baby Bjorn frequently and I have a persistent kink in my neck/back to show for it. I tried to get my girls to rub it, but they only last about two seconds.
                      Needs

Comment

Working...
                      X