Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Sesame Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sesame Place

Been there? Any advice? Cheap places to stay? Places to avoid?
    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
    Let's go Mets!

I live about 20 minutes from there. There are a few hotels close to it, a Sheraton and a Red Rood Inn. I can't remember if they have changed names, I'll ask my daughter.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Our place is free if you can handle 2 cats and 2 dogs!
      Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We love SesamePlace! My advice: skip the first parade and go to lots of water attractions then. You can catch the later parade (it's like at 630 or something) and then leave the park.

The show we like most of all is Elmo, and the grover game show imo one can do without. My kids don't watch game shows, and it really wasn't entertaining for the adults. We liked the big bird show, too.

We didn't do the character meal. It's probably not necessary. The kids meals have these Elmo boxes that the kids still use (pretty durable) to carry around cars.

Anyway, we had a good time there. There was plenty to keep us all busy, and even my eldest dd (age 10) really liked the water rides and the pools.
        Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Thanks everybody! And thanks for the offer, Luanne! We'll probably find a motel near the park.
          Enabler of DW and 5 kids
          Let's go Mets!

Comment

Enjoy!!! PM me if I can help in any way, or if you need a place to stay!
            Luanne

Comment

Not sure what direction you are coming from but about an hour and a half away you can also visit Dutch Wonderland which is an amusement park geared toward kids. http://www.dutchwonderland.com/index.asp

It's located in Lancaster and there are plenty of other things to do there, you can also visit an Amish farm.

Not far from there you can also go to Hershey Park near Harrisburg. http://www.hersheypark.com.

Comment

Trip Report:

So we were in Sesame Place on the two hottest damn days of the summer. There was this one large boring pool where DD wanted to spend most of her time, so the 2 big kids spent lots of time there (OK....for $45 I could have filled the kiddie pool in our own backyard), but they also saw the 3 shows, and we went on a few of the calmer rides. The hotel (Radisson on route 1, about 8 miles south) had a pool also, and we had a good time there. We spent lots of time keeping the baby out of the sun and slathering the big kids with sunscreen. It was not terribly crowded, but not empty either. I'd recommend going in the late hours if possible - we went the first day very early, it gets crowded early. Then we took a break at about 1 pm, back to the hotel, early dinner, and then went back to sesame at about 5, and things got pretty empty. nice.

I'm just not much of an amusement park kind of guy - hanging around with the shopping mall crowd, waiting in long lines, constantly worrying about losing my children, and seeing mounds of exposed adipose tissue and ugly tattoos.....not my idea of a relaxing vacation. Next year we try Lake George.

But as amusement parks go, this was a pretty nice one.

Thanks for the advice about Dutch Wonderland - others have also said it's excellent, but it was another hour of driving, and we'd run out of plastic bags for DW to hurl into.
                Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                Let's go Mets!

Comment

I'm glad you had a good time. Next time call and you can at least have dinner at our house!!!
                  Luanne

Comment

Thanks Luanne!
                    We had an old friend to visit near New Brunswick who's been in a pretty bad motorcycle accident, so that was our NJ pit stop.
                    Enabler of DW and 5 kids
                    Let's go Mets!

Comment

LOL- yeah I am not sure we'd do SesamePlace again except military gets in free (for 4 of us anyway). But it is good fun for one time!

We have been to Lake George lots. My Grandma owns a vacation home up there. It is really beautiful AND there's a six flags! Just what you want!
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                      X