Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

stubborn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stubborn...

My beloved child, for whom I would slay dragons (or strangle rabid raccoons like that lady in the news), can be the most obstinate, stubborn, obnoxious person. I know he does it to test my limits (which limits are unclear- temper, restraint, sanity?)

He also is a dawdler (sp?), you know, the why take 30 seconds to do something when you can drag it out to an hour kind of guy. Makes me NUTS.

This morning I was attempting to get him out of his pajamas (after 20 minutes of me getting ready and saying "nikolai, go take off your pajamas and put on your underwear...") and he decided that HE had to do it so he took his hands and somehow balled them up inside the shirt and then he managed to hold on to the inside of his shirt so there was NO way those hands and arms were coming out of that shirt. and then the little shithead grinned at me. (which made me laugh out loud because I was SOOOO mad at that point that it was laugh or break his arms)

I think Boarding school is going to be our only hope of surviving the teenaged years. I'll go or he can...

Jenn

Oh I'll trade you for a few days... you take my gang & I'll take nikolai...trust me you'll welcome back his stubborness !!

Comment

clearly not all traits passed from parent to child are genetic ... .

easy for me to joke - but you know I've got a seriously stubborn one too.

Comment

ds is the most stubborn, particular, AR, hard-headed child i know. its difficult now..but everyone tells me that these are some good qualities to have when he is older. :huh:
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

My mantra these days:

Boys are harder at 3'ish, girls at 13. I'm doing my time now.

I totally empathize with you, Jenn. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy
            My mantra these days:

Boys are harder at 3'ish, girls at 13. I'm doing my time now.

I totally empathize with you, Jenn. Holy crap.
            SCARY! I have a 3 yo boy, and an 11 yo girl... Will it ever end.

Jenn- I know what they say about the stubborn kids having a better chance at keeping their individuality, and I don't know if this is true, but my DD Kate (11 yo) was a supremely stubborn girl (we had such parenting books as the strong willed child, the difficult child, etc.) and now is really independent, but in a good way. If her friends are doing something she thinks is dumb, she says so and walks away. And she sticks up for the underdog. :happyrolling: So, if that gives you any hope!!

Stick with it! And vent often! I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear of Nicolai's antics. To me they are hilarious!
            Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
            X