Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

moving on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving on

moving on from why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

to:

'what time is it?

'what does that time mean?'

'mommy look at this time'

'what day is today?'

'what does that day mean?'

'is today garbage day?'

'why is it/is not today garbage day?'

mostly tho, it's the time.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Hey Sylvia,

I let ds be my official time keeper when I cook and he loves it!! I have him watch the (digital) clock and give him a time to watch for...like in 10 minutes...and he then reads off the time every minute. Yes, I realize the of hearing each minute go by, but he feels so proud of himself for being the "timekeeper" that it is worth it. Your guy sounds like he is ready to learn about time and sequences! Jump on it! Maybe he can have his own clendar with a trash can drawn on trash day or stickers he gets to put up to mark his day? Have fun.

Comment

Mine also love to do that. On a similar note, they also think they're traffic cops, and spend copious amounts of time reading the street signs as we drive by. "45 miles an hour here mommy". "No u-turns here mommy". "Mommy! Why did you go through that red light?" (I'd really turned left on an arrow, but they only noticed the red).

My favorite is the P with the circle and line meaning no parking. Quinn sees one and says "You can't park here mommy". Since they're posted about every 30 feet on some roads here, he'll barely get the sentence out before he has to say it again.

Comment

ds is the WORST back seat driver ever!!!

the light is red, that means stop.

go mommy! the light is green!! (he doesnt realize the cars in front of me are not moving yet)

its cool, seeing him notice more and more...my little sponge.

great idea, janet. thanks!
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I love the backseat driving. Anna is a good helper because sometimes she will say "C'mon, slowpoke!". Where did she hear that? Lots of commentary on my speed and style -- faster...no, slower...go medium...you're going the wrong way....etc.

Comment

Working...
          X