Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

First day of school!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of school!

Here are my guys on their first day, which was this past Wednesday:

They weren't too thrilled about getting up early, but they made it through. Nathan had no qualms at all about kindergarten, which helped me hold it together, since I have been emotional about this milestone all summer. I went into his classroom with him and helped him put away his stuff, find his seat, and get acclimated. He seemed to be doing well, and I had some work I needed to do in my own classroom, so I left. There were several moms and dads still there, and I wondered if I should have stayed a little longer. When I picked him up at the end of the morning and asked about his time there, I asked him if he wished I had stayed longer. He said "No. I was a little nervous when you left, but I started talking to some people and then I was fine. That is how it is when you go to school, Mom. You make new friends and it helps you to not be scared." Oh. Okay, thanks. So I think he is off to a good start.

Sally

P.S. Does anyone know why my pictures are so small? I crop them to 4x6 size in Digital Image Pro before I upload them to Photobucket; could that be why?
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Re: First day of school!

First, that's a very cute pic!

Originally posted by mommax3
    P.S. Does anyone know why my pictures are so small? I crop them to 4x6 size in Digital Image Pro before I upload them to Photobucket; could that be why?
    Yup, that could be why. It depends on how many pixels per inch you have the program set to (which might depend on what it thinks your printer can do, or might just be some default). 6 inches of width at 72 pixels per inch is going to be just over 400 pixels, which, if you're looking at it on a 1200 pixel wide monitor, is going to be about 1/3 of the screen width. Inches in a graphics program don't mean anything on a computer screen, only pixels do. Inches are for printing, typically.
    Sandy
    Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

Umm ... my first thought was that your oldest is SO TALL!!! Wow - when he get so big???!

Very cute picture, and Nathan is very wise.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Sally- they've each grown a foot since I saw you!

I hear you about the baby heading off to school. Even though dude was in daycare- it isn't the same. I got all weepy thinking about leaving him on Wednesday in his big boy crunchy school.

(and we all learned the "Peace Song" today at the Open House..."

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by migirl
            Umm ... my first thought was that your oldest is SO TALL!!! Wow - when he get so big???!

Very cute picture, and Nathan is very wise.
            Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Umm ... my first thought was that your oldest is SO TALL!!!
              I KNOW! I still have about an inch on him, but that won't last long. He is wearing the same size pants (in the waist, not length thank goodness) as DH. The thing that worries me a little is that he hasn't had a "growth spurt" yet.....just slow and steady. He is very interested in who he is taller than....he has passed both grandmas and two of his aunts.....I think I am next. Where are my high heels? (I am only partly joking. )

Sally
              Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

they're so handsome! and Nathan is full of wisdom for his tender age!

Comment

Gorgegous family!!!!!!!1
                  Luanne
                  wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

What a great looking group fellas!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

They are sure growing up! Thanks for posting, Sally; they are gorgeous boys.
                      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

What a great looking group!
                        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Working...
                        X