Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Learn through music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn through music

My daughter has this learn through music toy that she has never played with much...until recently. I think it's a great toy, but it is highly annoying.

Anyone else have this toy, and are there any other good cartidges for it?

Under means go below, below, below
    Over means go above, above, above
    Through means go in between
    Now you know what directions mean
    and we'll go marching over, under, through!

It's to the tune of a famous song, but this tune will forever be Spongebob in variety to me. I can't get it out of my head. Here is another one for your reading enjoyment.

First you take the bun
    Second you take the patty
    Third is ketchup, pickles, and lettuce,
    and fourth is another bun.
    You're done!

Anyone, anyone, can anyone sing along?

Maybe its time to look on ebay and get a jump on Christmas shopping.
    Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

You are such a nice person for letting her have this. I remove all batteries from all the noisy toys my parents and ILs by him, despite my repeated requests for them not to get him these and advising them that I remove the batteries.

If the toy has no value without the batteries, it disappears in the middle of the night. The local Good Will has a very nice toy collection.

MOMS THAT HATE NOISY TOYS, UNITE!

Comment

Abigail,

Trust me, I have removed more than my fair share of batteries in past toys, but I can't get past the inherent value in this toy. It's musical, which she loves, it is educational, bonus, it's got lots of fun characters, she can sing into the microphone. All very good qualities which make for a highly annoying toy.

She is so cute when she is singing with it though, that I don't have the heart to remove the batteries.

The WORST toy we ever had was this fire engine that DS had when he was 2. It blared, "BZZZZZZ, BZZZZZZZ, 9-1-1 Go, Go, Go! Siren, Siren Siren!" All this as it rocked and spun back and forth across the kitchen floor. I still have nightmares about it. Somehow that toy didn't make the move with us to NY. I don't know how that could have happened. :huh:

My SIL gets my children the worst, most obnoxious toys with 1000's of pieces. It drives me insane. So, in turn, for a gift for her DS one time, I literally went into Toys R Us and found the single loudest thing (and a sword too, mind you) that I could possibly get for him. She loved it and raved about how much her DS loves it. Everytime I try to get an obnoxious gift...Nope.

I got her son a crystal rock growing kit for his birthday. "Oh, wow, Heidi, you always get the BEST gifts!!" All, I was thinking was, what a MESS! I got her DD a large set of teeny tiny beads and string and things to make jewelry. Loved that too. She's not the type to be fake about gifts either. I try so much to be evil...
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanquisher

The WORST toy we ever had was this fire engine that DS had when he was 2. It blared, "BZZZZZZ, BZZZZZZZ, 9-1-1 Go, Go, Go! Siren, Siren Siren!" All this as it rocked and spun back and forth across the kitchen floor. I still have nightmares about it. Somehow that toy didn't make the move with us to NY. I don't know how that could have happened.
        I think DS may have had that. It blared and wailed and carried on... all day on Christmas. He was disappointed when it "broke" on December 26, but soon learned to love it as a soundless toy (although, honestly, I am not sure that his vocalized blares and wails were much better...).

Comment

My SIL got my DD1 a kid's computer at a yard sale when DD was around 1. It was old back then, and it has some other kid's name sloppily written on it in permanent marker, and it's apparently indestructible. It "talks" in that old, choppy computer voice. It is NOISY, but DD1 started playing with it and really got into it when she was about 3/4. I really think it helped her with spelling and math. She is now 8 and doesn't play with it anymore, but DD2 has picked it up and shown the same interest.

Now when DS and DD1 are on the computer playing on Webkins, DD2 will get out that old computer and her stuffed animals and pretend to be on Webkins, too.

Comment

What's that round thing to the right of the screen? It's not a headphone jack is it? We have some Leap Pad interactive toys with headphone jacks. We have used them on planes, in the car, at appointments, etc. It's a lifesaver! I know what you mean about the annoying songs. I have sometimes awakened at night with those things running through my head!

Comment

Working...
            X