Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right now

my kids are taking turns ringing the door bell and falling on the ground in fits of laughter.

why? because my oh so intelligent golden is barking his ever loving head off. stupid dog. he even barks if i put him outside and they ring the bell.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

We walk around the house and knock on the walls to make the dog bark. It's a good thing she's sweet, because she's not that bright.

Comment

My Molly does the same thing - goes BALLISTIC every time the doorbell rings!
      Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Re: right now

Originally posted by rainbabies
        he even barks if i put him outside and they ring the bell.
        I've got one that beats that on the "stupid" meter: our cocker spaniel is so dumb that she barks at doorbells on TV. And we have never had a doorbell.

But then, she also goes and sits by the window, not by the door, when she needs to go outside. It's a fourth story window.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayMatterWife
          I've got one that beats that on the "stupid" meter: our cocker spaniel is so dumb that she barks at doorbells on TV. And we have never had a doorbell.

But then, she also goes and sits by the window, not by the door, when she needs to go outside. It's a fourth story window.
          Love it.

Comment

My dog also barks at TV doorbells, but at least we have one. Can't beat the window on the 4th floor for going out though...

Comment

our cocker spaniel is so dumb that she barks at doorbells on TV. And we have never had a doorbell.
              It must be the canine compulsive doorbell-bark instinct kicking in, since it wasn't learned behavior. UNLESS she's really SO very smart that she watched other dogs on tv barking at the doorbell and learned it from them...

Comment

I knew a lady who would knock or ring the bell right before she was recording her answering machine so that people would hear the dogs incase it was a burglar calling before they raided her house. She thought that would deter them.
                Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheBeach
                  our cocker spaniel is so dumb that she barks at doorbells on TV. And we have never had a doorbell.
                  It must be the canine compulsive doorbell-bark instinct kicking in, since it wasn't learned behavior. UNLESS she's really SO very smart that she watched other dogs on tv barking at the doorbell and learned it from them...
                  The explanation must be the former, not the latter. Our dog is so dumb that she smacks her head on the coffee table EVERY SINGLE TIME she passes under it--at least ten times a day--and still looks shocked each and every time. As if she wasn't expecting that. As if she thought she'd manage to duck enough. We've had the same table since she was born.

We are desperately hoping that we will do better with our son than we did with our dog.

Comment

Don't feel bad Abigail.

My brother had a pointer who smacked her tail on their coffee table so hard that she would cut it and then spew blood all over the house. She did it at least weekly for 12 years.

My cousin was dog-sitting and walked in to a house of blood spewed walls and was about 2 seconds from calling the police.

Jenn

Comment

Too funny! The dog we had in high school was so dumb you could knock on the coffee table, counter, or anything and he would start barking at the front door. LOL
                      Veronica
                      Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(only because it's not me!)

Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

All I have to say is "Poppy is home" and they all run to the door barking and meowing (remember, I have cats who think they are dogs). Even though I am the one who does 99.8% of the animal care, they all think DH walks on animal water.
                          Luanne
                          wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                            Don't feel bad Abigail.

My brother had a pointer who smacked her tail on their coffee table so hard that she would cut it and then spew blood all over the house. She did it at least weekly for 12 years.

My cousin was dog-sitting and walked in to a house of blood spewed walls and was about 2 seconds from calling the police.

Jenn
                            Oh, good grief! Time to get a new dog...

Comment

Working...
                            X