Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

My child only wants to wear one thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My child only wants to wear one thing

It happens to be a cheetah/jaguar costume that is too small for him now (size 18 months!). This is a daily issue. He wants to wear it every day, everywhere we go. I haven't been letting him wear it out, but I do let him wear it at home whenever he wants. I don't see the harm, but surely he'll grow out of this? He has also started referring to himself as 'the baby jaguar' in conversation.

I'm still new enough at this business to wonder whether kids are just wierd or I am just a parent screwing up my kids. :huh:

Re: My child only wants to wear one thing

Whew!

Comment

Didn't someone from here have a child who wore a Ninja turtle costume every day?

don't sweat it- think of the ammunition you're accumulating for the teen years.

Jenn

Comment

That is so funny about the coonskin cap, Tara! Especially when it is someone else's kid.

Janet, my friend's son went through a stage wearing a bunny costume. But, he would get really upset when people would say "oh, what a cute bunny" because he wanted to be a fierce bunny. Pretty funny considering that he had a big pink tummy and paws and floppy ears.

Comment

My kid wants me to tie one of Daddy's neckties around her head everyday so she can be a princess. The problem is, she gets confused between "princess" and "pretzel" so she goes around telling everyone "I pretzel" while wearing a necktie around her head.

Yep, people think my kid's weird.

Comment

Fierce bunny!

Comment

When my first born was three, I was advised to address him as Spiderman at all times. In fact, I was further advised to use his name in any sentence of conversation with him.

And now I'm going to out myself and tell a fairly embarrassing story from when I was way beyond the preschool age. When I was 9, the movie The Dark Crystal came out and I fell in love with the story. I insisted in being addressed as Kyra until my teacher would no longer accept homework from me in this name. Apparently, I've always identified with the elf species. Yeah, I'm a real hip gal.

O.K. dragging myself back under the rock from which I came. Next thing you know, I'll be at a Star Trek convention.

Kelly
              In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
                Next thing you know, I'll be at a Star Trek convention.
                And what, exactly, pray tell, is wrong with that? :guilty:

Sandy
                Wife of EM Attending, Web Programmer, mom to one older lady scaredy-cat and one sweet-but-dumb younger boy kitty

Comment

TOTALLY normal! You will miss the costume one day.

DD1 used to wear this princess-y dress over her pink snowman pants every.single.day for her entire 2nd year. It was July and there she was wearing her snowman pants from Target.

Comment

BTDT!

2 years old

Avery wore this 24/7 for about 6 months straight. This wasn't the first one either.

3 years old

A halloween shirt worn daily from Oct to February

3.5 years old

Worn daily from February through summer. I finally got smart and bought two of them.
                    Needs

Comment

I wouldn't worry until he starts demanding a real Jaguar to drive to school when he is 17!!!!
                      Luanne
                      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Uh oh, Luanne. I hope this isn't the voice of experience talking.

Comment

Working...
                        X