Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I did it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it.

I placed the online order. Littlest Pet Shop. I have always sworn that I would never buy cheap plastic toys like these and I couldn't help it. DD1's eyes always light up when we are in Target and she spots these little things. At least she will have a huge smile on Christmas morning.

Please tell me the "LPS" (oooh - I'm already "in") toys aren't so bad?

Re: I did it.

I placed the online order. Littlest Pet Shop. I have always sworn that I would never buy cheap plastic toys like these and I couldn't help it. DD1's eyes always light up when we are in Target and she spots these little things. At least she will have a huge smile on Christmas morning.
    Totally cracking me up. Buying cheap plastic crap is one of those threshholds in parenting that you cross when you *swore* you would never do that. Included in this list: cosleeping, pacifers, tantrums in public places, permitting sugary cereal for breakfast, Nerf and laser guns, video games, and reading titles like "Captain Underpants".

I don't swear off anything anymore because that is just tempting the fates. Welcome to parenting in the trenches my friend. My 3 y.o. is getting LPS too, basically a Happy Meal Toy that someone has marketed well and can make a huge profit on. I'm right there with you.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Kelly,
      Now you have to tell me which LPS she is getting!! I bought the LPS playground set on ebay. . .and an additional spider and pig to go with it. The funny thing is that my MIL bought her some LPS stuff last spring and the little pieces got lost and I made the rest of them "disappear" during our move. I know I will not be able to make this one vanish as easily.

I actually think she is going to have a lot of fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
        Totally cracking me up. Buying cheap plastic crap is one of those threshholds in parenting that you cross when you *swore* you would never do that. Included in this list: cosleeping, pacifers, tantrums in public places, permitting sugary cereal for breakfast, Nerf and laser guns, video games, and reading titles like "Captain Underpants".
        Yeah, that kind of sums up my parenting expertise so far.

Comment

Originally posted by house elf
          I don't swear off anything anymore because that is just tempting the fates.
          Amen. Parenting is the most humbling thing I've ever done. I think I've done just about everything I swore I would never do as a mother.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

DD1 got a LPS toy in May for her bday from one of her friends and to my surprise she still plays with it pretty often! In fact her and DD2 fight over it so often that we're contemplating getting DD2 one for xmas so that I can keep my sanity.
            Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

We are really into Polly Pockets here. Fortunately, DD doesnt know was LPS are.
              Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We are up to our knees in plastic toys. LPS is a hit in our home! The girls played with them for over 2 hours today without a peep after they were in hiding for awhile.
                Needs

Comment

We don't do the LPS stuff. Kate loved Polly Pocket but so far I have kept them mostly hidden and away... they are too hard to dress/etc.

Luke is absolutely insane about "my little ponies". He loves them. :huh:
                  Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
                  X