Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Skinny booster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinny booster!

I have finally found a skinny booster! Or at least a skinnier one. Remember all my ranting about carseats and boosters taking up more space than the average adult?

I just got this for Anna:

If you are having a hard time getting three boosters and carseats across one row, this might help. The back articulates so that a seat that folds forward (for access to a third row) can have this booster in it. And it is small and easy to travel with. Anna feels like she has moved up in the world but is still in a 5 pt harness so we are both happy.

We got a Britax for Evie and she is forward-facing. I know, Heidi, keep them rear-facing as long as possible. She has been doing better in the car but she liked facing forward. She was so excited, kicking her legs and smiling after the seat was installed that the installation guy even commented. AND...she fell asleep in the seat. and and again.

Re: Skinny booster!

Wow! I'll have to check those out!

Comment

Nellie, I am glad Evie is liking forward better. I am not going to lecture you! You know I love you and your precious girl.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

Oh, I like that seat. Obviously, not a huge need for us but I'm not loving the one I have in my car. hmmmmm.

Jenn

Comment

Jenn, here is the website:
          http://www.safeguardseat.com/go/index.htm

It can also be used as a belt positioning booster so you could get a lot of use out of it. We are using it with the 5 point harness for now. Anna is 37 pounds with shoes on a good day so it will be a while before 40 pounds and the option of using the belt. And I'd rather keep her in the 5 point harness for as long as we can.

Annie, that is what I borrowed from Jenn in San Antonio. It was great!

Comment

I love how the seat folds down.

Comment

Annie -- we swear by the gogo kidz travelmate.

How many times did you get stopped in the airport by stressed out parents lugging all the crap and bickering?

Our maximum is 7 times!

Nellie -- COOL new seat! I'll look into those. We just bought boosters for DH's car since they both will be moving up soon but I'll check the dimentions and see if this isn't a better fit for us!
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

That is a cool seat, Nellie. I'll have to check into it when DS gets older.

We have the Travelmate, too, and LOVE it. DS calls it his "wheels" and thinks it's the coolest thing being able to ride around the airport in his carseat.

I was just telling DH that I wish I had a nickel for every time someone asked me where I bought it. I once had a frantic father run up to me asking if I bought it in the airport because he desperately needed one. We've even had TSA agents and flight attendants/pilots comment on it. I only wish I had been the one to invent it.

Comment

Bumping this for the Travelmate reference....so I can find it easy later. I also saw DCJenn mention the Sit-n-Stroll.

I think I may be flying the kids without Russ soon....
                  Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Working...
                  X