Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Mittens!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mittens!

I need some mittens advice...WE have already lost 3 pairs and winter isn't even really here yet....Does anyone here have any advice on how I can permanently affix the mittens to something on the kid's coats...or some method of not losing them????

I know I'm asking a bunch of Texas gals but we'll go broke buying mittens is this is how it's going to be all winter!!!!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

OMG, are your kids already wearing mittens? Say it isn't so, winters comming already? Sorry Kris, I don't have a solution. Hope you find one soon.

Comment

eeewwhhh - it was 79 degrees here today.
      Sew a long piece of yarn to the mitten and to the inside of the sleeve.
      Luanne
      Luanne
      wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

It is true ... I haven't dealt with mittens for YEARS!!!!! My kids wouldn't know what to do with them.

HOWEVER .... my first thought was to Velcro them to their jackets or even to their backpack if they are losing them at school. It could work .... 8)

Robin

Comment

Kris,

We have the same problem down South here in Saint Paul. I go to Kmart and buy everybody a couple pair of the same color cheapo stretch mittens so that they are interchangeable. We all wear black 99 cent gloves. I use this same mentality with our socks too. Everybody wears the same brand of white socks here so that we always have a match. We even buy several of the same types of dress socks for hubby and me. This has saved me a lot of frustration and cash. Now if I could just find hosiery that will not run.
          Kelly
          In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

What about those kind with the long string attaching the two together--you thread it through the sleeves and through the inside of the coat, so that when they're not wearing them, they still sort of hang out of either sleeve.
            Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

Ugh

Well, it is supposed to snow on Monday boohoo It's been really cold! I think I'll try the 'sew a string to the coats/mittens' approach....Are you guys feeling the colder weather yet?

Kris
              ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
              ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We're having our first 'cold' day- we're all shivering because it's 60. (I know, shoot me!)

Jenn

Comment

BOOOOO Jenn BOOOOO.

Road trip to Jenn's house!

Kelly
                  In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Working...
                  X