Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

anyone not itching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone not itching?

Originally posted by mommax3
    I am in category #2 according to the Hussey classifications and I would say that my status is intermittently itchy. I am more okay with the status quo than I was a year ago, and part of the reason is this: I have figured out that I don't necessarily want MORE babies, I just really, really miss the babies I once had, even though I enjoy who they are right now.
    Reason number 432 I love Sally. She puts words to how I feel. Except that I am still in the interrupted sleep phase, darn it! Oh, and wiping noses and bottoms as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MD/PhD Wife
      I'm just sad that I didn't know my last pregnancy was the last one. I feel like I should've embraced the experience more. Does that make any sense? :huh:
      I'm sort of exploring these feelings right now. I don't know if this will entirely make sense, but I don't *feel* like this is my last pregnancy. At this point, we're undecided if we'll have 2 children or 3, we're planning to wait and see how we feel after having 2! But what if we do decide that we're done after 2? If I knew for *sure* that this was my last pregnancy, I think I would feel differently about it. I would savor it more, embrace it more, I don't know ... I feel like I can't put it properly into words.
      ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
      -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

At this point, we're undecided if we'll have 2 children or 3, we're planning to wait and see how we feel after having 2! But what if we do decide that we're done after 2?
        This exactly what happened to us.
        I would savor it more, embrace it more
        I often wonder if this is why I'm so sad/"itching" for a third, or if it's because I truly want another baby.

You hit the nail on the head!
        Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

I'm where Sally is...though I know for the most part that we were ready to be done...and...we have 5 children....most days, I'm done before lunch time. :>

I was one of those itchy sorts and I had names picked out for Zoe long before she was conceived....BonBon used to laugh her behind off about that....

I used to wonder if I would ever feel "done"...but I do now. Our family feels complete and anytime I get the slightest itch, I just have to look at my living room floor, kitchen table, laundry room....and I'm cured pretty quickly!

Yesterday, Zoe was a little whirlwind. She poured my coffee out on the floor...then her brother's orange juice...then she grabbed one of the cereal bowls from the table and broke it on the floor...spilling milke and cereal everywhere.

Today when I was talking with my mom on the phone, she screamed and howled for a piece of cheese which she then tore into tiny shreds and dropped all across the kitchen floor.

yah...I'd say I'm done. :>

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by alison
            Vishenka, Lily and I are busy trying to jump start an itch.
            I'd say I'm about 3/4 in Category 5 and 1/4 in Category 4. Although Alison and Lily are way ahead of me (they're already in the "Whatever happens, happens" stage).

Comment

Working...
            X