Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Birthday Game Ideas for 4YO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birthday Game Ideas for 4YO

I see there have been some threads recently about 4yo birthday parties. Do any of you have any suggestions for games? Dd is having her first birthday party, in which other kids are invited (rather than just family). I have to admit that I have some stage fright about hosting my first birthday party for my kids.

I know I can search the internet for some game ideas, but are there any tried and true games that you would recommend? In case it matters, Dd is having a princess themed party at our house. :horror: Thanks.
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Re: Birthday Game Ideas for 4YO

Originally posted by JaneDoe
    I see there have been some threads recently about 4yo birthday parties. Do any of you have any suggestions for games? Dd is having her first birthday party, in which other kids are invited (rather than just family). I have to admit that I have some stage fright about hosting my first birthday party for my kids.

I know I can search the internet for some game ideas, but are there any tried and true games that you would recommend? In case it matters, Dd is having a princess themed party at our house. :horror: Thanks.
    Games for a princess-themed party with all the attendant lavender and pink trimming and gauze, for a bunch of four-year-olds, hyped up on sugar and listening to Disney-drivel CDs?

Quarters...with a very good brand of vodka.

Oh, wait. You meant games for the kids, not the parents. Sorry...can't be of much help... but wishing you lots of luck!

If you can't think of games, maybe you should go the "girlie" route--do something little girls get a kick out of: make beaded jewelry or to facepainting or make a fun craft. I remember, as a little squirt, having more fun bonding with my little girlfriends than getting into competition. Don't know if that's a girl v. boy thing or not, but I remember fun=part of the crowd--doing something where all the girls felt included.

Comment

I can see a big sparkly mess attempting to make magic wands or princess tiaras out of BK crowns.....have fun with that!
      Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Let them decorate their own cupcakes, and skip the cake! Or assemble their own ice cream sundaes.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We did a princess party for my DD when she was 6. One of the best games was kind of a pin the tail, but it was plant a kiss on the Price. Same concept but I had little sample lipsticks and a large picture of a prince. It was so cute seeing the little girls try to kiss the prince.

Comment

Thank you for the ideas. I love the Pin the Tail on the Prince idea. My dd would love to try lipstick.

The quarters idea was a great one too.

Wish me well. . . . the kids and the family will be descending upon us tomorrow. :run:
            Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Working...
            X