Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Land of the lost....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land of the lost....

In the last 24 hours we have lost an irreplacable lovey, "baby" resulting in a two hour search and rescue throughout the house. DH left me high and dry in the middle of it to go take his once-in-a-blue-moon call at the cushy hospital (where they have a tread mill, lounger, stocked fridge and no patients so he can take a nap). My poor baby wouldn't nap and kept calling "baby!". DD#1 finally found it in the silverware drawer after we had all given up and I was calling out-of-state to try and find another one. I actually found a blog online for posting lost loveys.

This morning DD#1 couldn't find her book for kindergarten. We knew it was contained to her room where it was misplaced. I swear our house isn't that organized. After I found it behind a picture frame, it is a 5x5 paperback book, she tells me how she remembered putting it there. DOH! :banghead:

What a nice start to the day! Can I get lost next? So only Sven can find me?
    Needs

Re: Land of the lost....

Losing a much adored lovey is not fun!! One time we left DS's bear (or as he calls it "Dare") at the babysitters. We searched high and low all weekend. Finally, Sunday night my sitter calls and says "did you know that you left bear here?" Thank the Lord!
    Now I don't let the bear out of the house, except on rare occasions.
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Comment

I HATE that feeling- like I know that I've seen it. I can remember seeing it. WHERE the heck is it now???!!!

I'm currently trying to find one of Nikolai's shoes.

Glad you found the baby!.

Jenn

Comment

DD2's lovey is a half kitty half blankey that is monogrammed. After losing it briefly I did an extensive net search and found the exact same one, had it monogrammed and everything. Now I have Kitty1 and Kitty2 for backup.
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

Ugh, Jenn. I say get that replacement lovey now, just in case! If it makes you feel any better, Andrew lost his shoes with his orthotics. We looked everywhere and I was just about ready to call to get an appt. for expensive new ones when I found the shoes in our....shoe closet. Who would have thought to look there?

I'm glad you guys found it.

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

We did have one replacement already and it got tossed overboard out of the stroller at the mall when two out of the three kids were acting up and I didn't notice. I've got my mom working on another one and I have become strict about leaving the lovey at home. We still lose it, obviously... I should have bought three.
            Needs

Comment

Aahhh... the silky... I remember. Each one of mine has a stuffed animal.
              Needs

Comment

I don't know how we've avoided the lovey thing!

My kids are only attached to their thumbs... And they can't lose those things, so...

Glad you found it-- you must have spent a long time looking for that and the book! How utterly frustrating!
                Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

I'm glad you found the lovey. I know that panic! Despite our strict no loveys/dolls/animals/etc out of the house policy, we still lose them! It's so frustrating!

Jennifer - if you get lost, pick me up on your way!
                  Cranky Wife to a Peds EM in private practice. Mom to 5 girls - 1 in Heaven and 4 running around in princess shoes.

Comment

Working...
                  X