Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

When one naps and one doesn't....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When one naps and one doesn't....

What do you do with the one that doesn't? I am used to using naptime to catch up on work, laundry, net surfing, etc. DD1 wants to be close to me, which I like as well, but then she begs me to play with her. I do this half the time, knowing that I have students to respond to, papers to grade, dirty dishes in the sink.... Or I might turn on a video but two hours is a long time and I feel guilty... Or I put her in her room with books for 1.5hours or so but she would rather be playing with toys--with me of course. I feel very torn bt being the good mom and playing with her for two hours, and being the working mom who has work to do. Is there any good solution?

Off to my 200th game of Hi Ho Cherry O today....
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: When one naps and one doesn't....

We do quiet time in our house. While ds is taking his nap, dd has quiet time in her room where she can play, nap or whatever. She must stay in there unless she needs to go to the bathroom. Mostly she plays, but on occasion she will nap. Usually quiet time for her lasts between an hour to an hour and a half.
    Wife of Ophthalmologist and Mom to my daughter and two boys.

Comment

Re: When one naps and one doesn't....

Originally posted by JaneDoe
      We do quiet time in our house. While ds is taking his nap, dd has quiet time in her room where she can play, nap or whatever. She must stay in there unless she needs to go to the bathroom. Mostly she plays, but on occasion she will nap. Usually quiet time for her lasts between an hour to an hour and a half.

ditto. Since your daughter is used to the special time with mom, you can do "quiet time in her room first", or even she can have quiet time in YOUR room, and then after about 30-45 minutes of that, she can join you to help with laundry or whatever normal tasks you do. You could throw in a game or something like that one or 2 days a week- but I wouldn't do it every day. You've got to have that time to be able to get some stuff done, and she'd probably be happy being in your near vicinity.

We still have quiet time for the twins (they are in 1st grade now)-- they have to read books for about 1/2 hour before they can go play, and Luke (age 3) goes to quiet time in his room.
      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

Working...
      X