Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I'd like to build my own little bunker.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to build my own little bunker.....

I'm stressing. We have had two neighborhood child abduction attempts reported in the last week. The police passed the information on to the schools and they sent it home to us in an emergency message. One boy (12) was approached by a man in a vehicle while walking to school. Another child (8) was approached with the whole "see a puppy" lure by a man with a different car while she was waiting for the bus. I spoke with my kids and upped my own vigilance without letting freaky panic overtake me. Really. The world is not a safe place but you can't run and hide, right?

So.....I just got an email from the school that a strange man was videotaping my daughter's recess. When he was approached, he got in to the passenger side of a panel van and the van drove away. The police are investigating.

I am......approaching freaky panic. :

Anyone got homeschool materials, lots of canned goods, rice and blueprints for a bunker?

I hope I make it through these last weeks of school so I can chain my kids to my side.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Re: I'd like to build my own little bunker.....

Oh no! I'd be seriously freaked too!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

Wow.

Scary, scary stuff.

but rather than the bunker, go to that Villa in the south of France that was advertised.

Jenn

Comment

Dios Mio! In little, quiet CF? That's insane. Between the crazy kid inside the school building, and the crazies outside, I say get your shovel and start work on the bunker.

You're in my thoughts, Angie.

Comment

:therethere:

Comment

Well, the kids are home now. My daughter is freaked out. Her building is on its own version of "high alert". They had three times as many staff members out during pick up time - and police cruisers were there as well. I suppose that should be comforting, but it has me more freaked out.
            Angie
            Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
            Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

It would just make me sick to think some pervert might have photos or videos of my kids!!!

Hang in there and keep us posted!
              BTW did they get the lic plate #s?

Comment

Frightening. Sickening. And three attempts just sounds too organized to be coincidence. At least the school is taking it very serously.

Comment

So sorry that you have to deal with this. Yuck is an understatement.
                  married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

Angie...that's crazy. Quite frankly, I'd consider the school year officially finished and I wouldn't send them anymore.

Keep your doors locked.

Kris
                    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
                    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessFiona
                      Angie...that's crazy. Quite frankly, I'd consider the school year officially finished and I wouldn't send them anymore.

Keep your doors locked.

Kris

Me too... At least until psycho's caught.
                      Peggy

Aloha from paradise! And the other side of training!

Comment

OMG. I'm so sorry things are so freaky right now, I can't imagine...
                        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Holy crap, Angie. When is the year over?

Comment

Angie - Wow. As a mom, I can only imagine what a nightmare you're going through. I don't mean to sound like a paranoid freak, but my DH has turned me into one. Do you have an alarm at your house? Either way, I would definitely talk to your local police and see if they can increase their presence near your home. DH works a ton with law enforcement, and it's amazing the things they can do to help put your mind at ease a bit. Hang in there!
                            -Deb
                            Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

OMG! Can I join you in the bunker? That is very scary. I am glad the school is stepping up.

There are some emails floating around about a couple attempted kidnappings near our neighborhood with a man in a white truck. Well our sub in new with several homes being built and there are white trucks and strange men all over the place, eventhough our neighborhood is fairly small. I have been on alert and having the stranger talk with kids constantly. I am afraid to let them play in our backyard alone. The whole stranger thing is very confusing to my kids.

Hope your kids stay safe!
                              Needs

Comment

Working...
                              X