Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Is it just my kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just my kids?

Or does anyone else have little ones that eat like hobbits? We have breakfast, snacks, elevensies, lunch, snacks, supper, dinner and sometimes bedtime munchies too. They eat so much. It's mostly good healthy food, but the volume of it....

Re: Is it just my kids?

Nope - not just yours. Just the other day I explained to Jacob that we don't get "second breakfast" like the Hobbits.

Comment

Oh, we have had this exact discussion at my house. Ryan regularly eats second breakfasts! Both my kids are really skinny though, and he's old enough to forage for his own food, so I let it go. He eats more than DH and I put together.
      Heidi, PA-S1 - wife to an orthopaedic surgeon, mom to Ryan, 17, and Alexia, 11.

Comment

all day long, from dd#2 all i hear is, "can i have a snack?" and "i'm huuuuungrrryyyy mooooommmmmyyyyy!!!"

it wears me out. i have actually had to take the small amount of snacks i have, and put them higher than the kids can reach. they're not above helping themselves.

so, nope. not just your boys.
        ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I was going to say not really and then I remembered the bag of cherries at 2pm, the smoothie pop shortly after, the hot dog at 3:30, snacks at the pool before six and then dinner at 6:30. It does seem to be more than usual and I think the oldest two are growing (lots more sleeping too).

Comment

Our girls are usually OK, but DS is killing me with the "I'm Hungry" hell. From breakfast on he's asking for snacks every hour on the hour. And this kid doesn't have an extra ounce of fat. I think he inherited his dad's freakishly quick metabolism. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by diggitydot
              Our girls are usually OK, but DS is killing me with the "I'm Hungry" hell. From breakfast on he's asking for snacks every hour on the hour. And this kid doesn't have an extra ounce of fat. I think he inherited his dad's freakishly quick metabolism. Great.
              I could have posted this. DS didn't stop all day yesterday. Thank goodness for DH and his excessive fruit buying (DH does the lion's share of the grocery shopping).

Comment

OMG- my child eats like a man. or actually, like a high school football player. I have to bring snacks to get him from the pre-school to home because if I don't he totally melts down. AND they get a huge snack late afternoon.

and we finally got him 'close' to 35 pounds. he's grown and inch and a half in six months and put on maybe a pound and a half.

So. Not. Fair.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
                  So. Not. Fair.

Jenn

Tell me about it. These days I longingly watch my oldest put away monster proportions. He's also just at 35 lbs. Meanwhile I still look five months pregnant.

Comment

DS just turned 6 and is taller and weighs more than his almost 9 y/o sister. Yep, he's 60 lbs and 48" tall...at 6. Sheesh.

I don't put Miracle Gro in his food, I swear.

Comment

Working...
                    X