Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

the smirk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the smirk

for the past couple weeks, whenever dh and i say something to ds that has to do with "don't do _______"

he looks at us with this little smirk/smile.

it really PISSES me off. seriously.PISSES.me.off.

we explain that whatever 'it' is that we're talking to him about, is serious...we want his attention, and/or is NOT funny.

(dh also annoys me, because he can't keep a straight face himself when ds starts doing it. )

is this a phase? do you ignore it?

he is 5, btw.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: the smirk

Not sure if it's a phase or a sense of humor thing. DD2 does the same thing and she'll actually laugh right in our face when we're trying to discipline her. It's almost as though she knows the score and it sucks because she'll call our bluff every single time. I will say that it has gotten better as we've had to lay down the law.

The thing is both DH and I would have to look the other way while she did it because we thought it was hilarious. It's frusterating to not be taken seriously, but I guess laugh at what you can't control? :huh:
    Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

glad we're not the only ones.

it's so obnoxious! i'm hoping my girls don't pick up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybug
        Umm, hello, operator, can you please get me the number for my mom's hottest buttons. Thanks.
        So true.

You're not the only one, Sylvia.

Comment

OMG- the sass and smirks of the small boy with whom I reside? and I too, completely crack up because he's just such an ass. I have had to walk away from the dining room table on multiple occasions so as to not enforce such things.

His most 'endearing' thing so far is that he looks at us, wags his finger and then does the thing that the baseball umpires so when calling someone 'out'. I have NO idea where he picked it up but it's soooooo obnoxious. and of course my parents thought it was 'sooooo cute' so it's now a permanent tool in the Nikolai tantrum toolbox.

Jenn

Comment

ug. jenn. your parents!!! *sigh* grandchildren get away with everything. :tsk:

oh.oh.oh!!! and dd#2...

me: don't touch that, okay???
            dd: touch, touch mommy. (as she is touching what ever i said not to) then running away with fits of laughter.

Comment

OMG, Sylvia, this is reminding me of a stage that Bryn went through with time out around 4 or 5. She loved it! She loved the chair, such a nice view out the window! Smiley, smiley girl even wanted to sit there a few extra minutes, would that be ok?

Comment

stinkers!!!

oh and dd#1

me:clean up guys, lets get the stuff put away

minutes and or hrs go by

me: repeat..clean up, lets go...i want you to pick up these toys.

still, nothing from kids. maybe...eventually ds and dd#2 will start. i ask dd#1 to help.

dd#1: i'm soooooooo tired mommy, i can't.

me: (threat) should i get a garbage bag and throw things away? (i have been known to put things away for a week or so....)

dd#1: okay mommy throw them away. i'm just going to sit here.

all nonchalant...

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies
                  stinkers!!!

oh and dd#1

me:clean up guys, lets get the stuff put away

minutes and or hrs go by

me: repeat..clean up, lets go...i want you to pick up these toys.

still, nothing from kids. maybe...eventually ds and dd#2 will start. i ask dd#1 to help.

dd#1: i'm soooooooo tired mommy, i can't.

me: (threat) should i get a garbage bag and throw things away? (i have been known to put things away for a week or so....)

dd#1: okay mommy throw them away. i'm just going to sit here.

all nonchalant...
                  This nearly exact thing scneario happens nearly anytime there's chores involved at our house. Our oldest DD will be great and start working on whatever I asked of her, meanwhile our youngest DD just plain out flat refuses. She couldn't care less what consequences I give her, she'll call my bluff everytime. Once that happens, the oldest DD sees the other not working and get frusterated and quit. :banghead:
                  Charlene~Married to an attending Ophtho Mudphud and Mom to 2 daughters

Comment

Working...
                  X