Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Stroller for 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stroller for 2?

I took a quick look for a previous post (I'm sure there was one) but coudn't find it.....

When the 4th dude arrives in Jan, Xander will almost be 3 so not really wanting to be in a stroller, but necessary for certain errands (everthing takes wayy to long with him walking and he gets tired and wants be be carried after 5 mins) BUT we will probably only get another year out of a stroller for two......we had a Mountain buggy urban in Oz, but then we would be stuck with a double stroller for the 3 years with new dude????

What do other moms with a 2 or 3 year gap do? We are leaning towards the Phil and Teds with the baby insert thingy....any opinions?

Re: Stroller for 2?

I've heard good stuff about the Joovy Sit 'n Stand.

Comment

I need one for 2 toddlers and an infant. I've also pretty much decided on Joovy. I may get the Big Caboose, but their Sit n Stand looks good for a more compact 2-seater.

Comment

I pushed the 3 yr old in a stroller and wore the baby. That is probably what we will do this time too though I still want to get a fancy bike trailer/ double stroller. The sit and stand is a good option. I think the phil and ted's is so expensive, and the little one is not going to want to be stuck way back there for very long.
        Mom to three wild women.

Comment

We have a standard double tandem stroller. This one, in fact

http://www.babygiftstore.com/byu-4197/

I like this one because it's relatively lightweight, compared to a lot of the double strollers out there.

DS#1 is 2.5yo now but still likes riding in the stroller, which is the only reason it works for us. Otherwise, I probably would have gone with a Sit N Stand.
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by Cumberland
            I pushed the 3 yr old in a stroller and wore the baby. That is probably what we will do this time too though I still want to get a fancy bike trailer/ double stroller.
            I think we will do this too, when #2 arrives in Jan. Seems most logical for errands etc. I love my Bob single so I think we'll bite the bullet and get a double when we'll need it come next springtime.
            Wife to PGY5 ortho resident
            ~~~~~
            SAHM to 3

Comment

I love the Phil and Teds but when I used it every day my kids were 24 months apart. Most of my friends who had more space between children got that stand thing (I think Jenn mentioned it) that attaches to most strollers so the older kid stood, younger kid was actually in stroller.

The key to the Phil and Teds is that you are NOT stuck with a double. You just snap off the attachment. Check the weight limits before you buy if this is your choice. A large three year old plus an infant might not work but it's been years since I've reasearched that aspect of the stroller.

Happy shopping!
              Flynn

Wife to post training CT surgeon; mother of three kids ages 17, 15, and 11.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” —Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets " Albus Dumbledore

Comment

Thanks for the input.............I think that the game plan is;
                Phil and Teds (use as a single until baby arrives in Jan) then put the baby insert in until baby is 6-8 months and wants to sit up (ok weight until 35lbs) and then stand thing......we shall see!

Comment

Deb, check this out. This is the same company as Phil & Ted's I think, or at the very least this is Phil's company. I know a woman who has their quad stroller. She said Phil emailed her personally about research/buying. I looked into it and they have a triple stroller like her cool quad:

http://www.abcbuggy.co.nz/triplets_buggy.html
                  Thanks for the link! I really like their Everest with the removable toddler seat, too.

Comment

Working...
                  X