Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

carseat part?? anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carseat part?? anyone??

the baby that i'm now watching is in a rear facing seat. her mom originally said she was bringing an extra seat for me. i was guessing that it included a base and was new. she decided to not bring the extra seat, just leaving the babe in her carrier when she drops her off.

the only place she fits in my van, is in a seat with the shoulder belt. i have torn my house apart looking for the metal I clip that keeps the seatbelt locked and tight--to fit the car seat. i can't find it. it makes me nervous having her straped in w/o it.

i asked the mom (very young, btw) and she had no idea what i was talking about and didn't know if she had an extra.

i don't suppose anyone out there in cyber space has and extra metal I clip they would like to send my way?? i would be so greatful!!

<---that's the clip.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Re: carseat part?? anyone??

If your local fire department or police department offers carseat checks at all, they should have one you can pick up (it's called a locking clip). Any local car dealer or babies r us may have them as well. What kind of car (and how old) do you have? You very well may not need one. There are only specific circumstances you should use a locking clip for, and most new cars have eliminated the need for one. PM me if you need more info
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

i have a chevy venture, it's a 99. we have always used the locking clips (thanks for the correct term!). dd's front facer still has one because her seat is also strapped with a shoulder belt.

i will see if the fire dept down the road has one.

thanks!

Comment

I've picked up extra locking clips at baby stores - they come in packs of two and are pretty cheap.
        We always forget ours in rental cars.
        Enabler of DW and 5 kids
        Let's go Mets!

Comment

oohh...thanks, fluff! i had no idea! we have a toys r us near by.

Comment

On the newer car seats they are actually clipped to the bottom of the seat, at least Adele's is. So turn the car seat over (when she's not in it ) and see if its clipped to the bottom.

Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

when she's not in it

but of corse.

Comment

cheri! you're awesome!! it was there. thank you!!

(ours was in the box, wraped seperately)

Comment

Glad to help!
                  Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

It's amazing how much baby stuff changes in the span of a few years. I swear I felt like I was a zillion years old when I went to BabiesRUs to register.

Comment

Working...
                    X