Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Great first impression...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great first impression...

So I've been in touch with a stay-at-home mom in my neighborhood who is interested in watching my son, Jack, for a few hours in the afternoon once I change jobs. So, Jack and I stop over her houe today to introduce ourselves, talk about the arrangement, etc... Well, the lady is a doll. Really. She's super friendly, super-fun, and laid back. Perfect.

She has a 4 year old daughter and a 9 month old. Also great, since Jack is an only child and really loves being around other kids. Lots of toys and games, not to mention playmates!

So everything is going great...kids are playing...she and I are hitting it off...then it's time to leave... Well, anyone who has had a two year old may have dealt with the "difficult to deal with transition phase." I'm not a fan. To make a long story short, Jack freaked when it was time to leave, wouldn't let go of this bubble toy he was playing with, and literally had to be carried out kicking and screaming. SCREAMING.

Uh...sorry? He's not usually like this??? Once the dramatics started, I ran away with the wild beast as quickly as possible! Yikes!

Hope she doesn't back out!
    Wife to a PGY-7 Interventional Cardiology Fellow, Mom to two. DS(7) and DD(3).

Re: Great first impression...

Daegan's at that phase!! It's lovely! My homecare lady lets us take toys home to make it easier! And I try to keep something in the car to use as a "trade" if need be.

I'm sure she's been through it with her daughter to some degree!!
    Mom of 3, Veterinarian

Comment

We've all been there, and I'm sure the homecare lady has, too.

At least he was happy in his new environment!

Comment

This is soooo typical. DD is almost four and is just now starting to get out of it. Really, don't think to much of it.

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Isn't that why football hold was invented?

Trust me we've all been there- on both sides.

Jenn

Comment

Don't worry, if her child is 4 she has been through it too.
            Luanne
            wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn

Yup, I've been there ... on both sides, too. I was totally horrified when I was the one who had to football-carry the screaming, kicking child out of my friend's house. Then, when it was my turn to witness my friend carrying her tantruming kid out of my house ... I didn't even think anything of it.

I'm sure she's seen it all!
              ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
              -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn

Trust me we've all been there- on both sides.

Jenn
                DS is 5-1/2 and just a couple of weeks ago I had to carry him bodily across the street at bedtime...
                Kris

Comment

Working...
                X