Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Nannies, advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nannies, advice please?

We are looking for a nanny 15 hours per week for somewhat weird hours-we would have to pay for a full day at a daycare and it would work out to be more $$ and driving and chaos. I posted on CL, and had maybe 8 people interested. I interviewed three.

One is a 20yr old elementary ed major that seemed immature to me. I bet she loves kids but the gut feeling wasnt there for me.

One is a 25ish mom of a 13month old who seems great....but she wants to bring her 13 month old with her. She has a good history of local nannying.

One is 25ish with a bachelors in education who is doing a PT internship for a year. She thinks it will work with her schedule. I want her. I emailed her to offer it to her 24 hours ago and havent heard back yet although I am checking my email every 2 minutes in case . I would be willing to bet she is interviewing other places and in high demand.

Should I repost it on CL, or go with the one with the young child? I am only looking through December, after that I will be on maternity leave at least until March and will deal with it then. I am supposed to start work in 48 hours but the U offers an emergency child care service that I can use if I have to ( it is $4 an hour!). I am really really stressed about it at the moment.
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: Nannies, advice please?

It is a holiday weekend maybe your choice just isn't around a computer. If you're that set on her maybe using the backup option for a day or so isn't a bad idea.
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I agree with Cheri - good ones are worth the wait and you could use the applicant with her small child as your back-up.

Comment

When my girls were small my VERY BEST babysitter was a woman with a small child. She was in school part-time herself, and wanted nothing more than to be able to stay home with her kids as much as possible. No advice, just sharing.
        Luanne
        wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

We found our former and our current nanny through enannysource.com. It was well worth it imo. Funny story about the current nanny- we emailed her our interest, and she replied back and we knew her.

Good luck!
          Gas, and 4 kids

Comment

Working...
          X