Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

The horrible, terrible, no good, very bad weekend, part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The horrible, terrible, no good, very bad weekend, part 2

On Tuesday, C's symptoms had not improved and we took him back to the ER and basically insisted on a neuro consult and imaging. Thank God we did. It turned out that he has swelling in the basal ganglea (sp?) and a bit of hemoraging there as well. He spent a couple of nights in the PICU and is now on a neuro floor. We will be here several more days but he is expected to make a complete recovery.

I only have a few minutes to post from a shared computer at the hospital but wanted to give an update. My family has been awesome, driving nearly 4 hrs each way to come and visit. My MIL is no longer welcome because she got offended when we told here to come on Saturday instead of Friday because my family was already going to be here. I can't wait until she calls again whining and I can tell her that she is longer needed for being so unsupportive of her son and grandson.
    Kris

Re: The horrible, terrible, no good, very bad weekend, part 2

Oh, man. How are you holding up?? Big hugs to all. Except MIL.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Comment

i'm so sorry to hear this update. big hugs for all of you.
      ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

Big big hugs - I hope the family drama doesn't add to your stress.
        Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I am so glad he is out of the PICU and onto the floor. Our thoughts are with him.
          Mom to three wild women.

Comment

DH wants to know if they gave him a bleeding and clotting work up? He says it basically sounds like a stroke to him and that would be his course of diagnosis.

I hope they are on the right track.
            Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I'm sorry to read the update. Glad you consulted with neuro and they were able to id the issues.

I'm going to send you a PM.

Jenn

Comment

Still so scary! I'm glad he's improving and hope your next post has even better news!!

Comment

Thanks for keeping in the loop. I'm sorry that you had to get back to the ER, but you did the right thing on insisting for more testing. Some ERs are...... crap when it comes to doing a full workup. Happened to me this week in fact.

Our prays are with your son!!
                  Wife to PGY5. Mommy to baby girl born 11/2009. Cat mommy since 2002
                  "“If you don't know where you are going any road can take you there”"

Comment

Oh wow, how scary! I'm sorry that you're all back in the hospital, but I'm glad that they caught it.

((BIG HUGS))!!

Oh, and about your MIL.
                    ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
                    -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

That sounds scary, I hope he continues to improve now that they have figured out the problem.
                      Hugs to you.

Comment

You guys are in my prayers.

Kelly
                        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Oh my goodness.....how scary! I missed your first post. I'm glad he's expected to make a complete recovery, but I am so sorry your family, and especially your son, are having to go through this at all. Poor little guy. You'll be in my prayers.

Comment

Working...
                          X