Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Gifts for teachers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifts for teachers...

This is late, but I am in desperate need of feedback...seeing as today is Wednesday and the last day of school before X-Mas break is Friday!

HELP!

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Go to the dollar store, buy coffee mugs . Go to the grocery store, buy the little sample packs of flavored coffee, and place one in each cup with a red bow!!!!! You should be able to do each gift for $2.50.
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Kris, at least you THOUGHT of the gift thing. Being new to preschool, it didn't even occur to me to get a gift for the teachers of my children. I am so dense. They were likely the only kids there without presents for their teachers. I felt so stupid. But really, the teachers must be so tired of all the gifts. Do you think the teachers really feel comfortable with all those gifts? I blew it. You on the other hand, still have TIME...

Comment

Thank goodness I'm past teacher gifts!!!! The only Christmas shopping I have done is for my Mom because I had to mail it. Today I am going to start shopping for my daughters. It should be easy, they are 17 & 19. Clothes, jewelry, makeup & CDs should cover it. They each have an old Honda, so I will fill their stockings with things for the car, air fresheners,car wash coupons, etc. Sounds easy enough, we'll see how I feel this afternoon!!
        Luanne
        Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

update

Janet, don't feel bad. I went through the same thing when my children first started preschool. To top it off, down here in the US paernts were bringing a gift bag for each child in the class for Halloween and Christmas. We just did not have the money to do it. Even if we had had the money, I am just not organized enough to do things like that....I always felt akward about it. Thank goodness I only have one in preschool now.

As for the gifts...I settled on the little gift basket things from WalMart. The most expensive was $4.94, but they all looked nice. The hardest was for the male teacher (I didn't think he would want smelly soap ) but I found a fun puzzle for grown ups in the 'gifts for him' section at Wal-Mart for $3. So....we managed to get the gifts and not break the bank....

Kris
          ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
          ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Congratulations Kris!! It is almost over.
            Luanne
            Luanne

Comment

Organized?

Even if I could get organized, my trips to the store are down to a bare minimum. With four-year old twins who both love to grab at things (they know I can't be in two places at one time, so they go for it), it's hard. Although today, grocery shopping when really, really well. Even at the checkout we didn't have all the candy and gum on the floor from four hands. That is twenty fingers!!! I shop only when I have to. I LOVE shopping alone, but that doesn't happen very often. It was easier when they were strapped in a stroller and couldn't get out. I think I am just on the other side of this now.

Sorry to digress so much.

Comment

Working...
              X