Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Grouchiness/moodiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grouchiness/moodiness

Our soon to be 5 yr old goes through these phases of being a real grouch lately. She will walk around mopey half the day, tell us repeatedly that she is not happy and in general be not pleasant to be around. When we ask why, she says she woke up that way.

I had to leave early for work this am and had a babysitter come right when she woke up- DH walked in the door unexpectedly at the same time as the babysitter and he said she was very unfriendly to her, would hardly talk to her and locked the door when she went into the bathroom ( this is a major no no in our house).

I wonder if it is related to me working more than usual- but I still work less than 20 hours a week- I just seem to have all these dumb middle of the day meetings that interrupt our normal day. I also am going to have #3 any day now but she seems very excited about the new baby. I dont know how to get her to snap out of it and this kind of behavior really frustrates me.
    Mom to three wild women.

Re: Grouchiness/moodiness

My youngest can be like this... and always has been to a certain extent. Do you think maybe she is doing to ?
    Wife to a Urologist. Mom to DD 15, DD 12, DD 2, and DD 1!
    Native Jayhawk, paroled from GA... settling in Minnesota!

Comment

No experience with this as a parent but only as a five-year-old, but could there be a problem between her and the babysitter?
      Married to a hematopathologist seven years out of training.
      Raising three girls, 11, 9, and 2.

“That was the thing about the world: it wasn't that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn't expect.”
      Lev Grossman, The Magician King

Comment

Grouchiness in my house is 99% related to food (lackthereof) or sleep (lackthereof). Any chance you have a hungry and/or tired kid?

I finally got my mom to understand over Christmas that when dude is an ass, give cheese or a nap.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn
          I finally got my mom to understand over Christmas that when dude is an ass, give cheese or a nap.
          Kris

Comment

Working...
          X