Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

How has your child amused you this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How has your child amused you this week?

My four year old has *such* a flair for drama. She has me in stitches daily.

When we told my nine year old that his dad was taking a job here at Cinci and that he would have professor status, he immediately asked whether he would carry a whip, wear a hat, and go off on adventures finding relics around the world while evading Nazi capture.

Kelly
    In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Re: How has your child amused you this week?

Kelly - that is hysterical!

Now when DS gets home from school, the first thing he does is seek out the baby to give her a kiss. It is so very sweet.
    Kris

Comment

We've had a doozy of a week- first, Tuesday his teacher stopped me to tell me that Nikolai had bitten another boy on the playground. That's not at all like him so I knew that there had to be more to the story. Sure enough, he soon confessed (after I told him I was more upset that he didn't tell me that I was that he bit) that the other little boy was picking on one of his little girlfriends (I work with her mom and the little girl in question insisted on having her fingernails and toenails painted before coming to our end of summer party last year). He said "but mom, he was REALLY fighting with her." So, we reviewed what to do if you must defend the honor of a girl again. (I have the feeling that this won't be the last fight over a girl)

Then Wednesday, Jason (his teacher) called me at work to tell me that dude had peed on the playground. Apparently made quite the spectacle of himself. So, Rick and I had to have one of those parenting moments where we absolutely could not look at each other for fear of breaking into laughter. Finally, after many rounds of "why did you pee on the playground?", he says, "mommy, I can't tell you the truth because I don't bemember why!"

and we then promptly lost it and that teaching moment was lost forever. (but I loved the answer!)

Jenn

Comment

Ha ha! Your kids are hilarious!

My 10 year old Maggie is a prissy ballerina (as is my 9 year old Ella). The other day DH and were talking about how Maggie basically played hooky by having the nurse call me to come and get her when she wasn't really sick. She only caught the word hooky and asked "Isn't hooky that game they play" -- she meant hockey. I'm thinking it may be time to add volleyball or running to her routine.
        Veronica
        Mother of two ballerinas and one wild boy

Comment

I just enrolled DS#1 in preschool this week (for this upcoming fall), and he seems really excited about it. The only catch is that he has to be potty-trained in order to go. So the other night, we had a conversation that went something like this:

Me: Jack, do you want to go to preschool?
          Jack: Yes!
          Me: Well, then you have to pee and poop in the potty. You can't go in your diapers anymore.
          Jack: I'll never get to go to preschool!
          ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
          -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

Working...
          X