Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Treadmill Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadmill Accident

I just read about the treadmill accident and the death of Mike Tyson's 4 year old daughter. What a really tragic, freak accident.
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Yes very sad.
    Loving wife of neurosurgeon

Comment

DH was at the hospital when she was brought in. Tyson & his family live here in the valley. DH was shocked to hear how young she was and how she died. So so sad.

Comment

Such a tragic, awful accident.

We have a treadmill in our basement that the kids play on/near regularly, makes me nervous now.
        ~Jane

-Wife of urology attending.
        -SAHM to three great kiddos (2 boys, 1 girl!)

Comment

This is so sad. I'm really paranoid about kids and injuries (my first job was in injury prevention), but at some point you realize that freak accidents just happen. I feel so horrible for the mother.
          -Deb
          Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

My heart just sank when I heard about this. How tragic.

(I then did a close inspection around my house, for dangling cords! Who would have thought...a treadmill security belt?)

Comment

Exercise equipment can be very dangerous around children. When I was growing up, we had a family friend whose little girl lost her fingers on an exercise bike. I've also seen kids injured by weights and other equipment. These things are kinetic and they have a lot of force behind them. They are attractive to children because they look like toys or jungle gyms.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

A friend here had her son hurt on a treadmill early last week - 1st and 2nd degree burns on his body because he basically got sucked under it. Luckily the child playing with him had the presence to unplug it.

I will now make sure my IL's are unplugged when we visit because that is the room A sleeps in. Very, very sad and scary.
                Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

I also feel so bad for the mother. I read she was in the next room the whole time and had no idea until her son finally came and told her. So sad.

Comment

That is so sad.
                    Wife to Anesthesia PGY4

Comment

Working...
                    X