Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

School carnival ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School carnival ideas

You'd think I'd be done with PTO now that summer is closing in, huh? Wrong!

We are planning a middle school carnival for early Fall next year. Does anyone have any favorite carnival ideas? Cheap, easy, fun? I'm making a list. The event will be kind of a mini carnival. We will have some inflatables (slide and bounce house). It will proceed a high school football game and be tacked on to a boosters club tailgate party.

Any and all opinions welcome.
    Angie
    Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite
    Mom to DS (18) and DD (15) (and many many pets)

"Where are we going - and what am I doing in this handbasket?"

Oriental trading has tons of carnival games and supplies. I'm a sucker for Bozo buckets (and you could probably get sandpails on clearance at the middle/end of summer).
    -Deb
    Wife to EP, just trying to keep up with my FOUR busy kids!

Comment

You should have a karaoke booth. In my new building, I have lots of sound equipment, and the last day of school, I let the kids bring in karaoke cds and I provided the mics. They were ALL OVER IT once they got started. I am planning to use it as some kind of fund-raiser in the future.
      Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

Sally - were they at all shy about the Kareoke? I thought that might be fun but thought that the kids might shun the public performance bit -- unlike adults at bars.

Bozo buckets? What is this you speak of? Do tell.
        Angie
        Gyn-Onc fellowship survivor - 10 years out of the training years; reluctant suburbanite

Comment

At our elementary school, the karaoke is a hit with the older grades, esp 4th and 5th...maybe it would still work at middle school?

Can you do a dunk tank?

Comment

Our elementary does a carnival like that every year. The huge hit is always the rock climbing wall. Brings in a lot of money and is so fun for the kiddos. See if you can rent one in your area.
            Tara
            Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Speaking of karaoke... I'm sure someone has Rock Band (or Guitar Hero World Tour), and you could bring up a TV. That way, they could play in groups of up to four kids, so it wouldn't be as intimidating as just singing individually in front of everyone. You could give prizes for getting 3 stars or more; bigger prizes for 5 stars.

Also, the "fishing" for prizes is fun, since everyone wins. You just need a fishing pole and a painted sheet of plywood.
              Laurie
              My team: DH (anesthesiologist), DS (9), DD (8)

Comment

Love the fishing idea! I have been considering the Xbox Rock Band route. I did that for another event (we have a projection unit) and it was a hit. We didn't charge though - it was just entertainment. I was wondering how you'd give prizes. Good idea about the star scores.

Tara-- I have seen the rock climbing walls on some of the rental sites. How do you do prizes or is it just a fun thing to do like the bounce house, etc?

Dunk booth is out because there was a lawsuit about this at the high school. Yes. A dunking booth lawsuit.
                Angie

Comment

Originally posted by Sheherezade View Post
                  Tara-- I have seen the rock climbing walls on some of the rental sites. How do you do prizes or is it just a fun thing to do like the bounce house, etc?
                  It's just a fun thing to do. We charge extra for the rock climbing wall. Tons of fun.
                  Tara
                  Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Working...
                  X