Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Too late for a party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too late for a party?

Alex's b-day is Tuesday, and I didn't plan anything...he'll just be 4 and I thought I could worm my way out of a party....but he is expecting a party now and talks of nothing else...

Do you think it would be too late for me to send invites with him to preschool on Tues. am for a little party at home on Sat? I talked with a friend of ours who the kids have been playing with a lot. Alex adores her children and she is going to bring her three over in any case..so if it is too late to send out invites at preschool, I think we'll be find too....and maybe I should just can the whole preschool idea????

Kris
    ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
    ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

No, it isn't too late in my book. I probably planned parties the same week of the birthday for my daughters. You will certainly get some yeses!!
    Luanne
    Luanne
    wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Kris, Toby's 7th birthday is today!

I'd say call up the moms you know well from preschool and invite their kiddos. At that age 4-5 kids (even if they're brothers and sisters from the same family) usually suffice. Throw in some pizza, cake and a dozen balloons and you got yourself a party.

Happy Birthday to Alex!

Comment

not too late at all. It is February in Minnesota. What else will people be doing? We just had our little guys party and it was an absolute blast. Seriously, we had such a good time and so did the kids. It was mass pandemonium as 6 three to five year olds ran through our house full of cake, ice cream, and candy. I say, "go for it". We were all soooo tired afterwards but it was completely worth it.

Happy Birthday little Alex! Come back and play soon (bring your mommy).

Kelly
        In my dreams I run with the Kenyans.

Comment

Are you having the party?
          Luanne
          Luanne

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Exhausted...

I'm completely beat. We had a small party this evening. I asked Alex if he wanted his friends from preschool and he didn't...A friend of mine has three children...all the same age as mine....and he wanted them to come over...so I had them come at 4. My friend's husband is out of town, so I had her drop them off to play from 4-9pm..and we had cake, a pinata, a movie, pizza, crafts, coloring....I need a sleeping smiley, because I am BEAT! Really...I'm exhausted!!!!! It felt low key to me...not all of they hype that we usually have with home parties...I didn't even clean because I figured....they are our friends...so...I didn't even manage to vaccume the family room but I'm exhausted anyway!!!!

Thanks for asking

Kris

Comment

Sounds like the perfect party!!
              Luanne
              Luanne

Comment

party

Well, I felt sort of bad that I didn't go through all of the hoopla that I usually do, but he had a really great time and felt special...and that's what matters, right?

Kris

Comment

Kris, I know how you feel. We had my son's 7th BD party yesterday too. We actually had a clown come and do some magic tricks and face painting because I didn't know what I was going to do with a houseful of children. But after it was over, DH and I were exhausted. We just laid on the couch yawning and trying to keep from falling asleep and it was only 2 pm. The party was from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm! We were like, we must be so old, the party was only 2 hours but then I remembered that for those two hours we had 9 kids running around. 7 of them were 7 year old boys!

Comment

Working...
                  X