Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

I suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suck

dd, 4yo..had her WWC today and got nailed with 5 shots. I disagreed, and then let myself get talked into it.

She's a tough girl...nothing slows her down, which is good because she's the worlds biggest klutz.

She's had some Tylenol...but she's having a hard time still. My poor girl. I feel terrible. Terrible.
    ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

I'm sorry Sylvia, you don't suck. She'll bounce back, hang in there!
    Wife to NSG out of training, mom to 2, 10 & 8, and a beagle with wings.

Comment

Poor little dolly AND mommy! She will be fine, probably a lot sooner than you. Take care of yourself, you are an awesome mommy!
      Tara
      Married 20 years to MD/PhD in year 3 of MFM fellowship. SAHM to five wonderful children (#6 due in August), a sweet GSD named Bella, a black lab named Toby, and 1 guinea pig.

Comment

Oh, no! The after-effects of shots are the worst. I'm so sorry! And you DON'T suck.

Comment

You don't suck at all. She will be fine in a day or so.
          Kris

Comment

Thanks

She is better today. She was so pathetic yesterday afternoon and evening. I've never said ok to 5 shots before.
            She's much better this morning
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

FWIW, and I know this is not the same thing, Moxie gets sick every time she gets a shot. Imagine that if your arm aches after a shot. Now imagine that you weigh 6 lbs. Basically, it's like her whole body is the arm. So she usually spends a day whimpering, achy, feverish, and sometimes throwing up. (And that doesn't include allergic reactions she's had to shots.) I always feel like a skunk for torturing a pitiful little animal but she recovers and it's for her own good in the long run.
              Wife and #1 Fan of Attending Adult & Geriatric Psychiatrist.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                Thanks

She is better today. She was so pathetic yesterday afternoon and evening. I've never said ok to 5 shots before.
                She's much better this morning
                Y'know, I think this is actually an advantage to getting all 5 of them at once. It's all over with for a while.

One of my DH's favorite things about pediatrics is that kids are resilient. They bounce back from almost everything!
                Julia - legislative process lover and general government nerd, married to a PICU & Medical Ethics attending, raising a toddler son and expecting a baby daughter Oct '16.

Comment

Working...
                X