Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

Adoption Gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adoption Gift

We are friends (not close, but business social) with a family here who recently decided to adopt 3 siblings from Africa. They have two previously adopted kids who are older - preteen and teenager. They have adopted an infant girl, a toddler boy and a kindergartner. I really want to get them some gift but am at a loss. They are financially well off and don't really need anything, so I am looking for suggestions for something that would commemorate the addition to their family. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by SnowWhite; 08-28-2009, 04:12 PM.

It depends on how much you want to spend. Maybe an engraved frame with the family name on it. Then they can put a picture of the whole family...
    -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
    Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
    Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by L.Jane View Post
      It depends on how much you want to spend. Maybe an engraved frame with the family name on it. Then they can put a picture of the whole family...
      Oh this is a lovely idea!
      married to an anesthesia attending

Comment

How about offering to make a donation to the orphanage. It really does mean a lot to the kids and to we adoptive parents.

Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post
          How about offering to make a donation to the orphanage. It really does mean a lot to the kids and to we adoptive parents.

Jenn

Ooh, that is a smart idea. Forget mine, I vote this one
          -L.Jane

Wife to a wonderful General Surgeon
          Mom to a sweet but stubborn boy born April 2014
          Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DCJenn View Post

Jenn

Hey! That was my idea...along with the other thought of donating an animal or funds to the village they're originally from?
            ~shacked up with an ob/gyn~

Comment

I vote for donation to the orphanage and a small frame with the family name!!!!
              Luanne
              wife, mother, nurse practitioner

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." (John, Viscount Morely, On Compromise, 1874)

Comment

Originally posted by rainbabies View Post
                Hey! That was my idea...along with the other thought of donating an animal or funds to the village they're originally from?
                You could do this via Heifer International. We used to donate to them all the time at church. They provide animals (livestock or other animals that provide ongoing nutrition, wool, etc.) to needy villages.
                Married to a Urology Attending! (that is an understated exclamation point)
                Mama to C (Jan 2012), D (Nov 2013), and R (April 2016). Consulting and homeschooling are my day jobs.

Comment

Great ideas! I love the donation to the orphanage and I could still do the engraved frame.

Thanks!!

Comment

How about one of those huge, high quality wall maps that they make for kids' rooms? You could get it framed and maybe have all the kids' names engraved on a plate attached to the frame.

Comment

Working...
                    X