Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

That darn kid!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That darn kid!

I know I have repeatedly posted about this but I am at my wits end! My 3 year old is once again peeing her pants! She went a couple of months without accidents and now suddenly she is having 1-2 accidents a day, with the most being 5 times in one day!!! I honestly cannot figure this kid out! We have been dealing with this off and on for almost a year now. I have taken her to the pediatrician, quit giving bubble baths and I swear there is nothing physically wrong with this kid. I feel like I'm being punished for something! I have been really stressed out the last several weeks and I'm starting to think she is very sensitive to my stress level and this is her way of acting out. Otherwise she is a very obedient child. Anyhow, I don't know if I'm looking for advice or if I am just venting. I suppose if anyone has any new ideas I'd love to hear them.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Sue,

She may be reacting to your stress. My two older boys were not reliable about staying dry until they were well over 4.5. They would get distracted playing or watching tv and wait too long. About all I could do is let them change clothes once, and then after that put on Pull-Ups for the rest of the day. I tried to be pretty matter of fact about it, (but didn't always succeed) because the kids hold all the cards on this issue. I just let them know that mommy had too much laundry to do for them to wear more than two outfits in a day, and that if they were having trouble staying dry, the Pull-Up would solve both my laundry problem and their clothing problem. They didn't always like it, but it made the whole thing their problem and not so much mine -- other than enforcing the Pull-Up wearing.

I know it is frustrating. This too shall pass eventually.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

Comment

I think this is one of those things that will eventually fade. When it happens as frustrating as it may seem, treat it very matter of factly and tell her to go change her underwear or pants if necessary. If she wet the floor, hand her a washcloth to clean it up and have her put it in the hamper or washer herself. The more anxious you become I think the more it feeds it and makes it a point of contention. You have taken the right steps in making sure that there is nothing wrong physiologically so that's good.

My daughter fought potty training until she was 3 and half years old. Once I made it "her" problem and not mine, it was resolved in a matter of days.

Comment

Working...
      X