Announcement

Collapse

Facebook Forum Migration

Our forums have migrated to Facebook. If you are already an iMSN forum member you will be grandfathered in.

To access the Call Room and Marriage Matters, head to: https://m.facebook.com/groups/400932...eferrer=search

You can find the health and fitness forums here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/133538...eferrer=search

Private parenting discussions are here: https://m.facebook.com/groups/382903...eferrer=search

We look forward to seeing you on Facebook!
See more
See less

They grow so fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They grow so fast!

I have spent the day cleaning out my boys' closets and drawers. I have somewhat of a system (a V-E-R-Y loose system, trust me ) of storage bins that are labeled with a size range, and every season (or two ) I take the things that the boys have grown out of, put them in the right bin in the attic, and bring down the hand-me-downs that should now fit them. (The younger two, anyway.) Since my kids are all a little more than 3 years apart, there is always a little lag time before the clothes get worn by the next one in line.

I just can't believe how fast it all goes! My oldest child, who will be 8 in April, weighs more than 70 pounds!!!!! The stuff I am pulling out for my middle guy, who will be 5 at the end of May -- it seems like my oldest was just wearing last week! I have always tried to treasure the moments with my kids, but today was a big reminder -- so I thought I would pass it along to you all.

Sally
    Wife of an OB/Gyn, mom to three boys, middle school choir teacher.

"I don't know when Dad will be home."

I can totally identify--since my two are only a size or two apart, I usually move stuff directly from my older daughter's drawer to my younger daughters. There were some footy pajamas that I swear were worn by my daughter one night, washed, and then when I went to put them on her again they were nowhere close to fitting and fit my younger daughter perfectly! Apparently both of them grew overnight! It makes me a little sad when I have to pack away some of the favorites after they are outgrown by our youngest daughter.
    Awake is the new sleep!

Comment

They sure do grow fast. Whatever age my youngest is at I keep thinking I want him to stay that young forever. I even asked DH if he could prescribe some grow stunting hormone

Time passes by so quickly.

Thu Van

Comment

they grow up fast

We were just talking about this too....It seems like yesterday that we found out that we were pregnant with our oldest...and he turned 8 in December We realized that by the time our newest addition will turn 8...Andrew will be getting ready to graduate from high school 8O 8O 8O The time just goes by too fast, Sally.....How is it that I already passed 30, that two of my children are in elementary school?

Careful with this line of thinking though, Sally.....it can bring on baby#4

Kris
        ~Mom of 5, married to an ID doc
        ~A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss

Comment

Working...
        X